Nursery || Chapter 120

'We all love feeling safe.' ~ Thunder.

_____

Lylas' POV:

The following day—a Saturday—we both woke up early in the morning and got ready for my appointment with the doctor. It's been hard trying to sleep with this stomach of mines but Luca trying to make me comfortable was what made me bare. I hated being snuggled since I got hot right away but he always did simple things like massaging my scalp, playing with my hair, or massaging the back of my neck to make me feel safe and cared for.

Luca was currently holding my hand as we waited for the doctor to see us and I was nervous. Originally Luca and I had decided against knowing the gender of the baby but after some discussion we decided to just ask for the gender. We both haven't specified a gender we'd prefer since we just wanted a healthy baby but I just knew I wanted them to have Luca's eyes no matter the gender.

"Mr. and Mrs.Grey." A nurse spoke with a smile. Luca looked up from his phone and locked it placing it in his pocket one time after smiling towards the nurse. I hated seeing how she swooned at his gorgeous smile.

After leading us to a room and placing the cold gel on my stomach she started asking questions about my health as Luca tightly held my hand in anticipation waiting to hear the gender.

"The baby looks healthy from what I could see, this is the arm here, the head is here, and from what I could see it looks like you guys are having a baby boy." She spoke. As she talked she was showing us on the screen and the moment she mentioned a boy I looked up towards Luca who had his eyes glued to the screen with a huge smile on his face.

"We're having a boy." He spoke as he looked into my eyes then kissed me. I smiled and nodded feeling emotional.

"Looks like we are." I kissed him again.

A few days later...

My time to go home came and I was excited to go home. Luca had gotten off early from work today and called me to let me know he had a surprise waiting for me once I got home. After safely pulling into the parking garage of our home I excitedly got out of the car. The moment I opened the house door Luca was already there waiting for me with a bouquet of my favorite flowers in one hand and a few of my favorite snacks in a little basket in his other hand.

     The feeling of overwhelming joy consumed me as I shrugged my coat off and placed my things where the went. Cupping Luca's face I gave him a quick kiss and smiled thanking him for everything. To my shock apparently this sweet jester wasn't the surprise.

"What do you mean?" I asked as I smelt the flowers.

"Come." He took the flowers from my hands and placed them down on the nearby coffee table along with the basket.

     The warm feeling I felt when he gently took my hand and started leading me upstairs was something that always gave me butterflies. My curiosity was definitely peaked since Luca never really gave me a hint as to what the surprise was.

     Moments after coming up the stairs we found ourselves standing before the baby's room. Luca flashed me one more smile before letting go of my hand and stepping aside so I could access the door. The moment I hesitantly opened it my heart started pounding in my chest and my emotions were all over the place.

     The nursery room was painted, everything was unpacked, everything I had bought was built to perfection, and the decoration along with the vision I had in mind was exactly how the room looked. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I turned my head towards Luca who stood next to me with a proud happy smile.

"Come let me show you." He took my hand and showed me towards the closet. The moment he opened the door to the closet a sad smile placed itself on my lips seeing how Luca had fixed all the baby clothes we had shopped for.

"You didn't.." I slightly cried out looking his way and he just smiled.

     Luca led me towards the crib and I grabbed the teddy bear that was in the crib and hugged it. The sheets and everything I had gotten was neatly fixed on the crib and started crying as I tightly hugged the teddy bear. Everything sunk in and I was so overwhelmed with joy. Luca pulled me into a tight embrace where I ugly cried like a literal baby. It took forever but eventually Luca calmed me down.

"Why are you crying baby?" He asked sweetly.

"B-because you did such a good job!" I cried harder and Luca laughed lightly as he calmed me down.

"Baby."

"I-I'm sorry.."

"Don't be." After calming down once again from Luca rubbing my back I pulled away with a big smile.

"This is beautiful Luca." I spoke looking around with a big smile. The smile he showed me brightened my day.

"I've been working on this for almost a week now, I finally finished and I just wanted to surprise you." He shrugged causally and I couldn't stop thinking about how lucky I was to be married to such a gem.

     He was caring, loving, thoughtful, handsome, can cook, cared for my needs and safety, everything I've ever needed, god I got so lucky.

"Come I made your favorite." He smiled stretching his arm out to take my hand and I smiled placing the teddy bear in the cub as I took his hand and allowed him to lead me down to the dinning area.

     After eating we cleaned up and just enjoyed each other's time together. Luca and I laid in bed and he sang his favorite songs to the baby along with just telling the baby stories which just made me smile until I inevitably fell asleep. Later into the night my eyes fluttered open to see Luca laying down in bed with an arm thrown over my lap and his hand on the side of my stomach. I was slightly inclined so I could see his perfect face as he slept.

     I combed some of his hair away from his face and noticed how tired he looked. The sight of him laying peacefully in bed next to me it made me happy but also sad at that he's been neglecting his needs to take care of me. This man is too perfect.

_____

Happy late thanksgiving 🦃🍽

Xoxo,

~Thunder~

Vote and comment💕

Guys I'm honestly grateful for all the votes and comments you guys have been leaving throughout this whole thing! I haven't expressed it a lot but I am truly grateful and thankful for you guys

Guys I'm honestly grateful for all the votes and comments you guys have been leaving throughout this whole thing! I haven't expressed it a lot but I am truly grateful and thankful for you guys. I love you all and I hope you guys get everything you want in life!

I'm thankful for you all!