3.5. Breadcrumbs

Since we'd gained a gap between us and Beckett we started to throw bodies overboard tied on barrels. I managed to find Gibbs. "What do we do when we run out of bodies." I said to him and he looked at me. Almost Like he didn't know either. I was hoping that he would have the answers I needed.

"I don't know. We'll find something though. Don't worry." He said to me and I looked at him. He hadn't a clue either. This wasn't too good.

"We'll have to figure something out. If there's any rum in these barrels it'll be after we've drank it." He said to me and that's when I started to rock a barrel.

"There's a bit in here." I said to him and there wasn't much.

"Well I say Y/n, we owe ourselves a drink." He said to me. That night we had some rum before I went back up to the main deck. No Will in sight. He was gone. "Look alive and keep a weather eye. Not for naught it's called Shipwreck Island. Where lies Shipwreck Cove and the town of Shipwreck." Gibbs said and I nodded. This was definitely a place I was hoping we wouldn't share a name with. Shipwreck. I'd rather that didn't happen to us.

"You heard him. Step lively." Glass Eye's friend shouted. I then walked with Jack and Gibbs.

"For all that pirates are clever clogs, we are unimaginative when it comes to naming things." Jack said and I had to agree with him there.

"Aye." Gibbs and I got out.

"I once sailed with a geezer who lost both of his arms and part of his eye." Jack said and I looked at him.

"Did you know?" I asked him.

"What'd you call him?" Gibbs asked and I was hoping we'd here something inventive.

"Larry." Jack said, Gibbs and k looked at each other.

"I wasn't expecting that as the name." I said to him and he looked me.

"I was thinking of something else as well." Gibbs said and that made me feel glad. I wasn't really expecting to hear the name Larry.

"Larry definitely doesn't sound like the right name. At all." I said to Gibbs and he gave me a nod.

"Truly doesn't." He said to me and that's when we went our separate ways. We then made it to the town of shipwreck.

"Look at them all." Glass Eye's friends said to us all.

"There's not been a gathering like this in our lifetime." Barbossa said to us and I looked at him.

"And I owe them all money." Jack said and I looked at him.

"Of course you do." I said to him and that's when we all started to dock up. Then we headed inside.

"As he who issued summons, I convene this, the Fourth Brethren Court." Barbossa said to everyone inside. They all then started to murmur amongst themselves. "To confirm your lordship and right to be heard, present now your pieces of eight, my fellow cap'ns." Barbossa said and that's when they started to present their pieces.

"Those aren't pieces of eight. They're just pieces of junk." Glass Eye's friend told us and I looked at him.

"Maybe they have hidden values." I said to him and who knows what they carried.

"Aye. The original plan was to use nine pieces of eight to bind Calypso. But when the First Court met, the Brethren were to a one skint broke." Gibbs said telling us the history. That sounds about right.

"So change the name." He said to Gibbs and I.

"To 'nine pieces of whatever we happened to have in our pockets at the time?' Oh, yes. That sounds very piratey." Gibbs said and I looked at him.

"It's a bit of a mouthful." I said to him as all the pieces had been collected.

"Master Ragetti, if you will." Barbossa said as he opened his hand out to Glass Eye.

"I kept it safe, just like you said when you gave it to me." He said to Barbossa. Don't tell me that he'd lost the thing we needed.

"Aye, you have. But now I need it back." Barbossa said as he knocked the false eye out of Ragetti's head.

"Sparrow." One of them said and that's when I looked back at Jack.

"Might I point out that we are still short one pirate lord, and I'm as content as a cucumber to wait until Sao Feng joins us." Jack said and that's when I heard footsteps approaching.

"Sao Feng is dead. He fell to the Flying Dutchman." Elizabeth said to us and I looked back at her. We were down one.

"The plagued ship." One of the ladies at the table said as she stood up.

"He made you Captain? They're giving the bloody title away now." Jack said, he wasn't too pleased at all.

"¡Qué lo manden al Diablo!" One of the lords shouted as he stood up.

"Listen. Listen to me. Our location has been betrayed. Jones is under the command of Lord Beckett. They're on their way here." Liz said to us all, this meant we had a traitor among us.

"Who is the betrayer?" Another lord asked as he stood up.

"Not likely anyone among us." Barbossa said to us all, he has to be someone else.

"Where's Will?" Liz asked and I looked away.

"Not among us." Jack answered quickly. That would be an argument for later.

"It matters not how they found us. The question is, what will we do now that they have?" Barbossa asked us all and there was only one option.

"We fight." Elizabeth said and I looked at her with a smile.

"To the end." I said and that's when everyone started to laugh.

"Shipwreck Cove is a fortress. A well-supplied fortress. There is no need to fight if they cannot get to us." The lady at the table said to us all but how could she be so sure.

"There be a third course. In another age, at this very spot, the First Brethren Court captured the sea goddess and bound her in her bones. That was a mistake. Oh, we tamed the seas for ourselves, she. But opened the  door to Beckett and his ilk. Better were the days when mastery of seas came not from bargains struck with eldritch creatures but from the sweat of a man's brow and the strength of his back alone. You all know this to be true. Gentlemen. Ladies. We must free Calypso." Barbossa said and that's when it went silent. For a few seconds, that was before everyone started clamoring. Was this a good thing?

"Shoot him." Someone said to us. Clearly not.

"Cut out his tongue!" Someone shouted at him.

"Shoot him, cut out his tongue, then shoot his tongue. And trim that beard." Jack said and I couldn't help but smile.

"Sao Feng would've agreed with Barbossa." One of Sao Feng's old crew said to us and I was glad to know someone was on our side.

"Calypso was our enemy then, she will be our enemy now." One of the lords told us.

"It's unlikely her mood's improved." The French one said to us.

"I would still agree with Sao Feng. We release Calypso." The Spanish lord said to the French.

"You threaten me?" The French asked the Spanish.

"I silence you." The Spanish said that was before he got punched making his gun fire. Oh great. A fight, just what we needed. I was keeping out of this.

"This is madness." Liz said and I looked at the scene.

"Complete and utter madness." I said to her.

"This is politics." Jack said to us and this wasn't the politics I was used to.

"Meanwhile, our enemies are bearing down upon us." Liz said to us as we watched it all happen.

"If they not be here already." Barbossa said to us and that was a truth to itself. Who knew what could be ahead of us. For all we knew, Davy Jones could be coming for us now. And that's what I hated the most