Chapter 612 - Steam Rolling

The poison fog Die’er summoned did not possess particularly strong toxicity. It’s main purpose was incapacitating those affected by putting them into a stupor. Tang Wulin had taken a full hit of the poison fog, but his strong body made its effects negligible.

A draconic roar erupted when Tang Wulin stomped his right foot. Phantom dragons shot out of the ground and swarmed Die’er.

“Woah!” Die’er cried out. With a flap of her butterfly wings, she soared up into the air. But the eight phantom dragons were already upon her, spiraling around her to generate a force pulling her back to the ground.

Golden Dragon Shakes the Earth didn’t just have a stunning effect but also had the effect of pulling its target toward the ground.

The Scarlet Dragon Douluo had originally created Dragon Shakes the Earth to deal with flying soul masters. At his peak level, it could pull soul masters flying as high as one thousand meters in the air back down.

Die’er had a fairly tough body, but it couldn’t be compared with the power of Golden Dragon Shakes the Earth. Try as she might to struggle, she still fell to the ground.

The moment she landed, her soul rings lit up and her wings grew to thrice as large. She summoned an enormous fog of poison far more potent than before around her.

Tang Wulin charged forward and tore through the fog to attack the butterfly wings. The moment his claws slashed the wings, sparks shot out from their contact. But that only lasted a moment before Tang Wulin had a firm grip on her.

He stomped once more and dispersed the fog in the area. The tremors ran through Die’er’s body and disrupted her blood essence flow, instantly sending her body rigid.

“The match is finished. Team 161 is the victor.”

The match had lasted merely forty seconds!

Meng Xiaoran and Die’er hadn’t didn’t have any teamwork at all and underestimated their opponent, so this outcome was to be expected. However, that did not lessen the terrifying toughness of Tang Wulin’s body!

“Boss, mission complete!” Tang Wulin said as he walked back to Gu Yue with a huge grin.

When Die’er recovered from the shocks, she didn’t immediately step down from the stage. Instead, she chased after Tang Wulin.

“Hey pretty boy, I know I lost, but could you tell me your name anyway? You’re so cool. You’re a perfect little prince! I’m your fan now!”

Tang Wulin was taken aback, blinking blankly at her a few times. “You want to make me noodles?” he asked, mishearing her. “I wonder how much it would take to fill me up?”

Seeing Die’er’s blank look, Gu Yue couldn’t help but roar with laughter to the point where her stomach hurt. Feeding a glutton like him was no walk in the park.

Meng Xiaoran ran over and dragged her off the stage, so she never learned Tang Wulin’s name. He had thought he was fairly eccentric himself, but he couldn’t hold a candle to Die’er’s flame!

Shrek Academy had pretty good luck for the first round of two-on-twos. After Tang Wulin and Gu Yue’s match, none of the other pairs encountered any powerful opponents and they all won their matches.

Upon one of the viewing platforms, Dai Tianling asked one of his aids, “Shrek Academy is strong, just as we expected. It’s no wonder they’re the number one academy on Douluo. Has the data analysis been finished?”

“The analysis is done. From their previous matches and the individual competition, the strongest one is likely their captain, Tang Wulin. He’s the same kid who caused a commotion during the opening ceremony,” answered an elder as he scrolled through a tablet.