Chapter 605 - Ultimate Combo!

Apprehension gripped Ling Wuxie. Guard Point Stance, which granted him momentary absolute defense and a mighty counterattack, was his most formidable defensive soul skill. In fact, it could be considered his most formidable soul skill, period. If used at the right time, it could instantly turn the tide of battle.

However, the impact of the dragon head went far beyond his expectations. Even with his defenses reinforced to the peak, he was an ant before such overbearing force. Worst yet, the counterattack of Guard Point Stance failed to activate. A blink, and the phantom dragon head slammed into him with the full force of a soul train. His organs pulsed, steaming with pain. As if they would rupture at any second!

I don’t have any other choice! Ling Wuxie gritted his teeth, flying backward through the air. He thrust out both hands, releasing a series of lights from his bracelets. The lights fused together into a large mass, enveloping his body, manifesting as pieces shining silver armor. A silver aura had burst from his form the moment the armor appeared, allowing him to stabilize his posture in the air.

One-word battle armor! A full set of one-word battle armor!

The instant the silver light blossomed, Tang Wulin’s stomach dropped. He was confident in his strength in defeating a four or five-ringed soul master, but that was only if they didn’t have a full set of battle armor.

In terms of power, a one-word battle armor master was leagues ahead of their naked equivalent soul master. Tang Wulin was currently about as powerful as Ye Xinglan when she had faced a one-word battle armor master solo. Back then, she could barely force her opponent into a corner by risking it all and sacrificing herself. With this in mind, upon seeing Ling Wuxie’s one-word battle armor, Tang Wulin knew he couldn’t give his opponent time to display the armor’s full potential. Otherwise, he would have no hope of winning.

Within Tang Wulin came a draconic roar. As Ling Wuxie worked to regain his balance in the air, Tang Wulin shot up, brandishing his dragon claw! Five dark gold beams of light burst forward from a single slash, transforming into a gigantic claw to tear Ling Wuxie apart!

Although Ling Wuxie currently had the protection of his battle armor, the previous shock the phantom dragon head did to his internal organs still remained. He sucked in a deep breath before the attack struck, drawing upon the power of his battle armor to prepare his counterattack. When the five dark gold beams arrived, he slashed his naked Nine-ringed Silver Blade forward. It was too late for him to use a soul skill, especially with his internal soul power in chaos.

A boom thundered through the arena. Gold and silver light clashed in a dazzling display.

Golden Dragon Dreadclaw was undoubtedly Tang Wulin’s current strongest attack. Its might instilled fear into its targets. This was the power of the soul bone of the infamous Duskgold Dreadclaw Bear, further empowered and influenced by the Golden Dragon King’s bloodline!

The collision of the two attacks sent the slash of the Nine-ringed Silver Blade rebounding, a grating screech as Ling Wuxie blocked it with his blade. If not for his battle armor empowering it, the blade would have been torn to shreds that instant.

Eventhe Golden Dragon Dreadclaw couldn’t pierce through the battle armor’s defenses. However, Ling Wuxie was sent flying backward with deep gashes in his armor, a solid thud as he slammed into the barrier.

The impact sent ripples throughout the barrier and rattled Ling Wuxie’s brain into disorientation, and he rebounded off the surface.

But Tang Wulin pressed his attack without pause. While Ling Wuxie was still stunned,Tang Wulin balled his claw into a fist and rammed it into Ling Wuxie’s stomach. In an instant, Ling Wuxie crashed into the barrier again.