It was Monday again, the weekend went fast. Gilbert told Y/n he was staying off school just to make sure he was close to his dad in case anything happened.

So, Y/n walked to school by herself. When she arrived, Charlie and Moody came up to her "Y/n, where's Gilbert today?"

"He is staying home with his father today." Y/n told them as they walked up to the school.

"Oh, well, if you want, we can sit with you." Charlie offered.

She shook her head as Moody opened the door for them "No, it's fine. I'll probably just read a book."

"Ooh, what one?" Moody asked.

She shrugged as she put her stuff away "I'm not sure. I finished the one I was reading."

Charlie then said "Oh, well. We better sit down. Wish Gilbert and his father well from us."

Y/n nods as they all sit down at their usual spots, Ruby turned to her as she laughed slightly "Y/n, I have no idea why you would even want to speak to the boys."

Y/n shrugged "They were being nice. Also, Gilbert isn't here today, so they were wondering why."

Mr Phillips placed a box of Anne's things on her desk and said "You are not to fraternize, or exert undue influence. Ruby, switch places with Anne." He told her.

Y/n had heard that Anne accidentally got Diana and herself drunk at the tea party she threw for Diana. Lucky Diana. But the unlucky thing is Diana's mother doesn't want Diana being around Anne anymore.

Some students gasped as Anne and Diana look at each other, holding hands quickly as Diana tears up.

Anne and Ruby swap places, Diana and Anne glancing at each other multiple times.

Y/n looked at Anne "It will be okay." Anne smiled weakly at her and Y/n put a hand on hers, comforting her.

It was lunch now, and Y/n saw Anne and Diana go into the supply room to talk. She went to her tree and ate her lunch, feeling upset hearing the cries from the supply room. If her parents wouldn't let her see Gilbert ever again, she doesn't know what she would do. He means the world to her.

At the end of the school day, Y/n was gathering her stuff when she heard Mr Phillips say "Anne. Take these lessons to Gilber Blythe. He'll be missing class for a time, and I don't want him falling too far behind. He's my best student."

Y/n saw Anne's annoyed face "Why is he missing class?"

Mr Phillips quickly said "That is none of your concern."

Y/n walked up to them "Mr Phillips, I'm going to his house right now if you want me to drop them off."

Mr Phillips noticed the relieved look on Anne's face and smirked "Very well. You may both go." Y/n takes the books "Now, hurry along." Y/n started walking away as Anne was about to protest "Scat!"

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

While walking, Anne was rambling to Y/n "I don't know how you can put up with someone as ignorant and un-mannered as Gilbert Blythe."

"Uh-huh." Y/n sighed, fed up of hearing all this about her best friend.

"He thinks he's right all the time...."

"He mostly is." Y/n quickly added.

"He is so irritating to be around." Anne said as they approached the door "And--"

"Shh. Stop." Y/n quickly said before knocking, to make sure he aas actually in.

When no one came to the door, Anne shouted "Gilbert?" Y/n rolled her eyes "Gilbert Blythe!"