Once Y/n and Gilbert got back, Y/n stayed at Gilbert's to help with his father.

"Father, we're back." Gilbert announced.

"Gilbert, Y/n, my dears." John said and they went into his room "Oh, Y/n, what happened to you?"

Her face was covered in black dirt, so was Gilbert's, both smelling like smoke.

Gilbert smiled "She went inside to save Anne, who was slowing down the fire."

"Oh, brave girls." John pulled Y/n into a hug "Gilbert, why don't you help Y/n run a bath..." he coughed a little "She can get herself cleaned up, and then you can too." Gilbert nods and goes to get the bath ready. John takes her hand "We'll get some hot tea ready for yourself and Gilbert."

Y/n smiled "Thank you, John."

"Not a problem. You're always welcome." He smiled back "Now, go get yourself ready."

She squeezed his hand quickly before going into the main room.

Gilbert walked out of the bathroom and said "Okay, the bath is running. I'll grab you some clothes and a towel. Do you need anything else? Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine. I don't think I need much else." Y/n said "Are you sure you don't want to go in first?"

"It's okay." Gilbert sat with Y/n at the table "I'll make you some tea while you're washing."

Y/n smiled "You're an amazing friend, Gilbert."

He smiled and said "Do you want to stay over tonight? You can just borrow some of my clothes and we'll wash the ones you have on for tomorrow?"

"Yes. Of course!" Y/n smiled widely.

He smiled back at her before standing up to check the water. Y/n helps Gilbert fill the bath. Gilbert grabs a towel and leaves it in the bathroom for her and leaves her to relax.

After Y/n had washed herself with the soap, she heard a knock at the door "Y/n, I have some clothes for you."

Y/n replies "Okay, come and put it down, but don't look!"

"I'll try not to." Gilbert muttered as he smirked to himself.

"I heard that." Y/n said as he opened the door.

"Sorry." He smiled as he put the clothes down next to the towel.

He leaves and Y/n gets out. She dried her herself as best she could with the towel and then put the clothes Gilbert left for her.

It was Gilbert's clothes because, surprisingly, she didn't have any clothes of her own here. It was one of his shirts and a pair of his pyjama bottoms since she was staying there tonight.

She dried her hair as she walked out the bathroom, there was two cups of tea on the table. Gilbert walked out of his father's room, probably giving him a cup as well.

"I'll get myself cleaned and join you in a moment." Gilbert said as he got the hot water ready to refill the bath.

Y/n nods "Take your time."

The rest of the night, Gilbert and Y/n talked as they drank their teas, also talking to John sometimes until he fell asleep. Shortly after John went to sleep, Y/n and Gilbert did as well. They did what they always did and shared Gilbert's bed. Gilbert didn't like Y/n sleeping on the floor but Y/n didn't like Gilbert sleeping on the floor so they just sleep next to eachother.

I mean, they used to get bathed together when they were babies by their fathers, so they were fine with it.

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥