"Boo!"
"Too easy!"
"Too easy!"

Shouting was heard in the classroom as the whole class did a spelling bee. Most people were out now and the only people left were Anne, Tillie, Gilbert, Y/n and Moody.

"Spell 'Amorous'." Mr Phillips said, walking around Prissy's desk a lot.

Tillie begins spelling "Amorous. A-M-O-R...U--"

Mr Phillips groaned "Wrong. Sit down." A few people cheered. He looked at Prissy "Spell 'gorgeous'."

Y/n starts spelling it "G-O-R-G-E...O-U-S."

"Correct. Moody, spell 'Beautiful'." Mr Phillips said.

Moody thought as he said "B-E-U--"

"No! Sit down." Moody sat down, leaving Anne, Y/n and Gilbert "'Ostracize'?"

Gilbert starts spelling "O-S-T-R-A-C-I-Z-E."

"That would seem to be correct." Mr Phillips said. The class cheered and Prissy starts to pretend to read a book "'Haughty.'"

"H-A-U-G-H-T-Y." Anne spelt flawlessly.

"'Apathetic'." Mr Phillips said.

Y/n thought for a moment "A-P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C."

Gilbert looked at her impressed and she shrugged with a smug smile as Mr Phillips said "'Callous.'"

"C-A-L-L-O-U-S." Gilbert spelt it right.

"'Pentitent.'" Mr Phillips said.

Anne starts spelling "P-E-N-I-T-E-N-T."

"'Reproachable.'" Mr Phillips said, still glancing at Prissy.

Y/n sighed and Gilbert watched her "R-E-P-R...O-C--"

"Sit down!" Mr Phillips said, making Y/n roll her head back.

Gilbert chuckled and Y/n lightly hit his arm "Shut up." She sat down next to Ruby as usual.

"'Intentions'." Mr Phillips said, looking for Prissy's reaction.

"I-N-T-E-N-T-I-O-N-S." Gilbet spelt perfectly.

He looked at Y/n, who gave him a thumbs up, making him smile.

"'Persevere'."

"P-E-R-S-E-V-E-R-E." Anne spelt, carefully.

What Mr Phillips said next caused Prissy to look at him, slightly shocked "'Engagement'."

"E-N-G-A-G-M..."

"That is incorrect." Mr Phillips said then quietly said to Prissy "The spelling, not the sentiment."

"Anne, you won!" Diana shouts over all the girls clapping loudly.

Gilbert walked up to Anne "Congratulations, Anne. I should have added the 'E'."

Anne nods and sits down, Y/n noticed her holding her stomach. She looked like she didn't feel too well.

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

Gilbert was getting food ready the next morning. He was preparing some breakfast for his father and himself, since Y/n wasn't there this morning, eating an apple as he did. He made toast and tea, rather fast.

Soon, he carried the try into his father's room, placing it down as John said "Thank you." He coughs as Gilbert left the room to make his lunch.

Gilbert shouts to his father "Mrs Kincannon will be here shortly."

"I'm fine. You go on to school, son." John replied, though Gilbert was still doubtful.

He quickly went into his dad's room "And I'll be home straight after school."