Chapter 18

The stadium rattles as people begin cheering when Genma enters the arena, ready to announce the matches.

Kazemi sat near the back of the stadium with Kimimaro. TenTen wanted her to join the rest of them down near the front but Kazemi really didn't want to explain the Kaguya and had refused. Karin tagged along with Kazemi to the back, not really questioning the other teens presence out of consideration.

"Kaguya." She whispered to the boy who turned to her. "From now on you will obey my every order. Don't bother questioning them, no matter how bizarre they may seem."

She could see him nod from the corner of her eye. "Of course, Lady Kazemi."

At the formal address her nose wrinkles in distaste. "And drop the whole Lady Kazemi thing. Just Kazemi will do."

The red head next to her nudged her ever so slightly. "It's only right that he does my Lady. If anything we should call you Princess, your rightful title." She teases playfully.

"You don't have to address me at all." Kazemi glares at the girl who chuckled despite the harsh words.

"Of course." She agrees easily as her eyes fix onto the arena.

"The first match has been announced! Dosu of Otogakure Vs Karin of Kusagakure!" Genma's voice booms across the stadium as cheers rang out.

Karin winced. "I guess that's me. Wish me luck."

The other Uzumaki patted her shoulder. "You got this."

"Thanks." She smiles softly. "But there's no way I got this."

They both burst out laughing.

...

Kimimaro coughed a little into his arm before breaking out into a full on fit. With a sigh Kazemi waved over the disguised Kabuto over to sort him out.

Keeping her eyes focused on the red head in the arena she observed something. "He's not coming."

"No, Dosu went missing a couple days ago and we haven't heard from him since." Kabuto informs her while pumping his healing chakra into the other boy.

"I see. Has he been discovered?"

With a small shake of his head Kabuto speaks up. "It seems as though he decided to fight Gaara and paid the price for it. Stupid boy."

A no small amount relief filled her as her shoulders slump ever so slightly. "Then this match has already come to an end. Anything else happen?"

"Well while Dosu may have not been discovered a Suna nin has been." Kabuto sounded extremely annoyed by that too. "The village has definitely prepared because your replacement saved the previous proctor who discovered the plot."

"Ah." That would certainly explain the increase in shinobi stationed across the village. "You lot sure are incompetent."

Kabuto scowls from behind his mask. "And Konoha is even worse for letting it get this far."

"Yeah." She agrees easily. "This village is truly awful."

...

"You might have to fight Neji." Kazemi tells Karin who shivers. "He was meant to fight the winner of your round anyway and since you won by default..."

"Ugh." The red head groaned in discontent. "I'm a healer, why am I even fighting?!" She pats the other girls shoulder who buries her head into her hands.

"It could be worse." Kazemi attempts to comfort her. "You could've been fighting Gaara."

Karin started sobbing.