Chapter 17

If there was a moment in time were Kazemi realised that she was an absolute idiot it would be right now.

"Ugh." She groaned while looking at the completed barrier seal. It really was that simple but of course she just had to over complicate it.

Jiraiya looked at her with sympathy written all across his features. "I remember the first time I learnt the seal. Lady Mito laughed at my misery." He reminisces while patting her shoulder.

"I just don't understand why they would say this seal is so advanced if it really is that simple to make." Kazemi murmurs while burying her head into her hands.

At that Jiraiya snorts. "Not exactly simple to anyone else brat but I get what you mean. It's more the amount of chakra that you need to activate it then anything else. Well for this seal at least, those with less chakra would have to use the more complicated one."

That would explain why multiple people are normally around to activate the seal if the chakra consumption is really that high to use a less time consuming seal. Sage, Kazemi felt a migraine coming along.

"It can't be that much." She reasons as Jiraiya raises an eyebrow towards her.

"Do you even know how much chakra went into your compounds barrier seal? Ten Uzumaki's and one of them was a Jinchuriki were left chakra exhausted after activating it. Sure, it was a more complex seal but it doesn't take away from the fact that a lot can be put into it." He informs her as she contemplates the information given to her.

"There were ten Uzumaki's in Konoha at one time?" That was new, she never knew that so many of her kinsmen where here at once.

The Sanin scratched the side of his face sheepishly. "Well this was when Lady Mito first came to Konoha. Her Kinsmen returned home after a brief stay and ensuring her safety. The seal was topped up over the years while also being expanded upon. It's not as strong now since it has been a while since the last top up but make no mistake that it can last for a couple decades at the very least."

"I see." Kazemi smiled briefly at the new knowledge before frowning. "So how much chakra would this one take up?"

"However much you want. There are different types of barrier seals but this one is the most used among Uzumaki's since it only gets stronger the more chakra you put in." Jiraiya explains casually before eyeing the door. "Can I leave now? I am a busy man after all."

And with that Kazemi glared at him full force. "Not until you show me how to break a barrier. I want to learn this before the chunin exams." She demands as the Sanin sighs but complies.

"Alright kid. But after this I really have to leave." He reasons as she nods.

"Fine by me." She had a few errands to run herself. It was about time she visited some friends.

-----

"Hey there Hinata." Kazemi greets as she puts some flowers into a vase on her bedside table.

The Hyuga smiled at her weakly. "I-it's good t-to see you K-Kazemi."

The Uzumaki smiled back softly. "The third exam starts in four days Hinata. I know you want to go but I think it's best if you rest here for a bit."

Which to be fair Kazemi couldn't talk since the longest she had stayed in the hospital was a day and only because she was unconscious.

Hinata frowns and shakes her head. "N-no, I need to see cousin Neji fight." She states firmly.

"You really care for him, huh?" Kazemi could respect that, even if Neji probably wouldn't appreciate the concern. "Then I won't stop you from going. But promise me something."