Chapter 18

𝐁𝐄𝐘𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄

The birthday

Well, it's safe to say that nobody got a wink of sleep when it came to last night, except for Onika since Wayne actually gave her some pills to fall asleep. I actually wanted to get mad at him but I couldn't, it was the best thing he coulda done due to her initial shocked state.

FLASHBACK

After Julius came over to dispose of the body somewhere I could care less about, Wayne and I headed inside in pure silence. We had nothing to say to one anotha, I wouldn't have shit to say to someone who just reminded me of the death of my lover to prove a point either. Adding to that, ion really talk a lot to anybody except for Onika that is. Talk about bending all my fucking rules the fuck over for her.

"Imma go check on Onika." I told Wayne as I started heading upstairs.

"Bout that, she's knocked the fuck out cold in my room." He said casually as he took a seat and lit up one of his Cuban cigars.

"She's what?" I asked him lowly to make sure I heard his ass right, cause what?

He rolled his eyes at me, and I swear if I actually hadn't done some serious triggering damage to his emotions an hour or so ago, I would've gauged his eyes out. "Relax, you barbaric girl, I gave her a sleeping pill cause she wasn't having it and was calling you on, and I ain't wanted to risk the motherfucker escaping, so I gave her a pill, plus her room isn't the safest now." He said as he dismissively waved his hand. This nigga... Instead of saying this from the start, he just has to word it that way.

"Whatever, nigga, you lucky I'm sparing your ass tonight." I told him.

"Well, yours did enough damage to last me the night, so I pass." He clapped back, and I rolled my eyes as I cracked my knuckles and decided to really ignore his sassy ass. I removed my blazer as I started heading towards his room. He owns a whole ass wing in here, that's why he likes coming over so much. I shook my head at this shit, and softly opened the door, to not startle Onika.

I found her sprawled on his bed, with her eyes closed and stiffly laying down on her side, I raised an eyebrow as I realized she ain't asleep after all. What happened to her taking a pill and being knocked out?

I closed the door behind me as I stepped inside the room, threw my blazer next to Wayne's hoodie on a chair, and made sure to let my heels click loudly on the floor so she'd know it's only me. I saw how she visibly relaxed as she connected the dots and I smiled as I put my gun down next to me, before I finally sat down next to her body.

"Hey, princess." I softly told her as I put my hand in her hair and started caressing it, making her sigh a little as she turned over so she could face me. "Can you open your eyes and look at me?" I asked her as I played with her hair some more, giving her the time she needs.

She slowly started to flutter them open, and my heart painfully twisted around when my eyes met her teary-eyed ones. There were some heavy droplets filling her eyes up, threatening to fall at any given moment. I sighed as I opened one of my arms for her, and gathered her with it as I made her sit on my lap.

"You can cry and let it all out, princess. I'm here for you, I got you." I told her as I secured my arms around her waist and held her closer to me. She still didn't utter a single word, and I don't wanna force her into doing so, but imma ask her to speak up eventually, so she wouldn't go into a mute typa shock.

Her lips started quivering as she started blinking so rapidly to hold her tears in, look at her stubborn ass. She started fanning her eyes out as she still refused to cry, and I shook my head at her as I took a hold of both her hands in my own. "Don't hold it in, Onika. We got all night, you can let your guard down and cry, there's nobody here but us. I took care of everything, and I promise you I won't ever leave you behind or alone in the house, not anymore. I gotchu, pretty baby." I softly told her as I caressed her cheek while she stared at me with her doe teary eyes, making the ice around my frozen heart melt a lil. Damn it.