Chapter 1

𝐁𝐄𝐘𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄

Onika Tanya Maraj: 30. Daughter of Roberto Maraj: 54.

I sighed as I slammed the file shut on my desk

I sighed as I slammed the file shut on my desk. It seems like no matter what I do, I can't seem to escape this woman, she seems to be haunting me. She constantly keeps reminding me of the one fuck up I've had in my career as an assassin, the one that nobody knows about, not even herself.

It's been years, give it up Beyoncé, not even the girl remembers you or what you did. I shake my head at my own thoughts, I know I should listen to my own damn self but I can't help it. The guilt keeps eating at me alive, and the fact that she's my friend's friend makes it so much harder.

She was my mission to kill, I had to get rid of her forever, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. She was still a teen back then; I couldn't have done it. No matter how much of a sadistic psychopath I was and still am, I just fucking couldn't. And I'm still paying the price for that foolish decision each time I got to see her around Rihanna.

Granted, I didn't kill her but I hurt her still. Eh, at least I got her some medical help and she's still breathing ever since. I mean, that was the best she's gotten out of me and that's just the honest truth.

I bit on my lips reconsidering my choices, and thought of this being my second chance at redeeming myself. She doesn't owe me shit, I know, but I owe it to myself. Ugh, fuck. I groaned out loud as I reopened the goddamn file and started skimming through the threats that were sent towards her father.

I inspected the death threats as I took notice of the old school letters and magazines cut-outs and random dates from some newspapers that were used for the words. This shit was so old fashioned and outdated that it kinda amused me the longer I kept staring at it.

The voices used in the recordings were untraceable, due to the different voices and backgrounds so I didn't even bother. This was the first time that Roberto received a threat against his daughter, and as I can clearly tell she's a daddy's girl because she just has that to her, and he loves her more than anything in this world.

Well, if he does love her, why not give up the position at his old age? I snickered because I know the motherfucka enjoys the lavish life, I mean, shit who wouldn't? That's why he also wanna hire me, because he knows I'm the best of the very best, if not, one of the best in the fucking world. And that's just putting it mildly. He wanted a name in the criminal world to accompany his daughter, so it would scare the fuckers off.

I mean... If she's seen with me, the person would be stupid as fuck to keep threatening her. It'll be like walking around and knowing you gonna get sent to God.

I owe it to Rihanna, the girl who makes my sister happy and makes the impossible possible for her. And I also owe it to Onika, the one I almost took the life of. Now, I'm finna protect her, talk about a full circle moment.

"Well, fuck me." I muttered as I rubbed my temples. "Merde." I cursed lowly in French, a thing I do whenever I'm too irritated and worked up to even keep speaking one language.

Grabbing my blazer from where it's draped over the back of the chair, I shrug it on alongside my shades. With my guns safely tucked in my Balmain vault, I leave the hotel room.

It's not like Imma need a weapon anyway, I've been trained in every fighting style and can kill anybody with my bare hands. I'm the predator only the worst of the worst hires, and the good people avoid, or "The Fallen Angel", that's what they like calling me. It's cute at times, works like a charm when I need some jaws, panties or thongs dropped. You name it.

And for the next couple of months, my ass finna tag along and babysit the daughter of one of the most prestigious men in the country. I'll have to be Onika's bodyguard.

As I make my way to the lobby, I pull my phone from my pocket and send Rihanna a text.

BK: Fine, you win for now. I'll babysit the princess.

As soon as it delivered, I got a call from her. I rolled my eyes and answered.

"I knew you wouldn't resist that face!" she said as soon as I placed the phone to my ear.

"Fenty, do not push your luck with me, ya hear me?" I said as I nodded my head to the guy who handed me my keys.

"Come on Beyoncé, you know you liked what you saw..." she teased me as I shook my head at her antics. I'm a woman of a few words and she really manages to get a handful out of me at times.

"Listen here, big forehead. I'm only doing this because I fuck with you for being my friend..." she cut me off quick as hell.

"For being your only best friend, you mean... But aww.." she cooed and if silences could kill, she would be a goner by now. "Sorry, continue, joy sucker." She muttered.

I rolled my eyes at her. "And for being my sister in law as well, and because you know the girl and I know what she means to you. Other than that, act a fool over this shit, and I'll turn this mission down." I said and she knows how serious I be with shit like this.

"Giselle..." she sighed annoyingly. "You're such a mood killer, you need to get laid honestly. Or you need some action in your life, or a girl, or all of this shit in this bitch, honestly." And I thought my speech worked on her, I thought wrong apparently. Was she wrong though? Probably not, but I will not tell her that.

"I appreciate you doing this and I'm thankful." She added softly afterwards and I almost smiled as I revived my Bugatti's engine. I don't smile often, I have a resting bitch face, as she likes to call it, and also a reputation to live by. I'm just playing, or maybe not. I know how to have a good time and be playful, but only with people who might deserve it anyway.

"Yeah, don't mention it. And you're welcome." I responded back.

"Solange and I will be home this weekend, we can discuss everything when we get there. Bye, we love you!" She sent me a kiss after that.

"I'll be there too! I appreciate y'all too." I answered back and we hung up. They take what they can get from me, I show love through actions, not just words.

And now, it's time to do what I do best. Drive, survey, blend, stalk and gather information. And this time around, it'll be on none other than Onika.

************

A new Beynika book, and a new plot!
Keep or delete?

What we think of Beyoncé almost killing Onika and now becoming her bodyguard?

What do we think of the first chapter so far?

Vote, comment, and share.
Selma, xoxo. 💋🩷