Chapter 3

𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐊𝐀

Two days later

Two days later

The sun was bathing the atmosphere in such a warm golden glow as I stepped out of my penthouse. I stopped a moment to bask in the warmth I was immediately engulfed in, I sighed as I enjoyed the short-lived moment; because as soon as the door clicked behind me, I was met with my chauffeur and friend, Meek.

"Good morning, miss Onika." He greeted me politely as he tipped his hat.

I smiled at him. "Morning, Meek. How's your wife?" I asked as he opened my door for me.

He winced at the mention of her and I grimaced. "She's still mad at you, huh?" I asked teasingly.

"In my defense, I didn't know that her parents were in the house while I flashed her with her new set of lingerie she wanted!" he said as he almost started throwing his hands up in the air.

I started laughing loudly as I hopped in the car and he closed the door for me while jogging slightly to take his driver seat. "Man, you should've known better too, but at least she still wore them for you afterwards." I wiggled my eyebrows suggestively at him and he tried not to smirk.

"That she did." He said as he sighed dreamily then shook his head. "After we was done, she still flipped me and got mad all over again, like her mood switched so fast..." he trailed off as he started driving.

"Well, maybe, just maybe..." I paused for a second as I leaned in a little to whisper. "She might be pregnant." I said and I saw his eyes widen as he looked at me through the mirror.

"You for real?" he said and I nodded while shrugging my shoulders.

"It wouldn't be too farfetched." I said as I sat back and observed how his expression gradually started shifting to one of complete adoration and amazement. That was too cute.

Meek and I have been friends for such a long time, due to us growing up in the same country. My father took a liking towards him and grew to have a soft spot for him after his parents passed away, so he raised him and took full care of him. He chose to be my driver willingly, of course, to keep an eye on me and to accompany me everywhere. He's like the older brother I never had, and I love him dearly. No formalities are between us, aside from him calling me miss from time to time when he wanna be professional or just to tease me. His wife, Megan, is such a sweetheart too, she's a famous lawyer, we always hang out and have the utmost fun. She doesn't really worry about him being around me, solely because she knows what team I play for.

I remember when this discussion was brought up, and I started smiling because it was too random.

FLASHBACK

"You know, Megan should really be worried of the way you be hanging out with her husband all the time." Kelsey, a friend of Megan, said. I don't like her, she's too much of a gossiper and a petty one at that too, and she gets on my nerves.