Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Bella POV

I knew I had a follower, I knew it was Edward but I keep on running. I didn't dare go to the reservation because I was afraid of what Sam would do to me and I couldn't go to Alice's because... Well I didn't have a reason I just couldn't I was afraid she would banish me from her life, I was scared she would leave me and I knew if she did then I wouldn't be able to live. If my imprint didn't want me then my life was over.

It was nice not having the packs voices in my mind. I could think without someone butting in. And they couldn't comment on my sex life with Alice. I knew Edward was gaining on me fast but there was nothing to do, in some ways I was glad I would die. I wouldn't feel the heartbreak of losing Alice. My best friend and lover, the small pixie vampire who was mine.

A small chuckle behind me made me stop. I whirled around to face Edward keeping in a growl. 'You know you look quite pathetic, fleeing from everyone. Just a coward, aren't you. To be honest I didn't want you to start with, once Alice had her sights on you I had to stop her. So I started to follow you, I made you believe it was love. With the help of Jasper of course. Then not long after I really did start to love you, me a century old vampire in love with a pathetic human like you. I admit I did like seeing the looks on other people faces, hearing their thoughts. It made me laugh.' I growled at him, 'fierce puppy aren't you?' He taunted. I leapt forward, 'you can't hurt me, it's in the treaty. You may not be in the pack but you still are a werewolf. I on the other hand am under no laws except to not bite a human and to not cross onto quilute lands.' I growled again then backed off.

I was aware immediately of the other vampires coming our way. Edward was too, he let his eyes wander out of the clearing and to where 2 blond vampires emerged. 'I've found them!' The blond with straight hair said, she was a Denali either Irina, Tanya or Kate. Esme and Rosalie came next, their eyes immediately trained on Edward. Alice was in the clearing next followed closely by Emmett and Carlisle.

The two Denali's looked at me in awe, they probably haven't seen a wolf this close before. 'Edward step away, don't hurt her.' Alice's voice was shaky. 'Or what sister? You'll not tell me my future' he joked. 'You are no brother of ours Edward' Emmett said roughly.

Edward lunged for me but I jumped out the way. 'Why won't she do something?' The other blond asked. 'She's bound by the treaty, they can't harm us as long as we don't hunt on their lands or bite a human.' Both the Denali's nodded. I snarled as Edward came for me again this time knocked down by Emmett.

Once Edward was out the way I bounded up to Alice. With my front paws I pushed her down and began to lick her face. She thrashed and squealed but didn't lash out at me.

I'm pulled off when someone grabs my scruff. Rose throws me gently, 'you aren't allowed to lick my sister to death Grey' she jokes as I climb to my feet. I shoot her a playful glare. 'I don't care as long as she doesn't leave again' Alice butts in. I whimper for a no. 'Wow I've never seen one up close before. She's amazing, and big' one of the blonds say.

I trot over and lick the blond with straight hair, she winces but the other laughs. I move to the other and lick her, she squeals loudly. Something plies me to the floor, 'get off my sisters mutt.' She says leaning on my side. 'Irina get off her, she was only saying hello!' The straight haired blond says. 'Shut up Kate, she was going to kill you like she did Laurent.' Irina's voice it cold and hard, reluctantly she climbs off me but not before punching me hard in the muzzle. I whimper as blood trickles from the wound.

'How. Dare. You.' Tanya and Kate say coming to my side as I stand up. I lick my wound gingerly, the blood was coppery and woodsy. 'We apologise for our sister Bella, she can be very... Protective.' Kate said as Irina glared at me before going to Edwards side. 'Come on let's go back to our house' Esme decides. I Yap in reply as Alice comes to stand in front of me. 'Bella please don't leave me again. Promise?' I nod my head then bury it into her chest.

Alice giggles and strokes it happily. 'Let's go then' Kate says as she stroked my side. 'Kate. That's my girl friend your stroking.' Alice says joking. 'Sorry Alice I just haven't been this close to a werewolf before. They usually attack us, not lick us and let themselves be petted like a dog.' I growl playfully as we head towards the Cullen house.

My muzzle had stopped bleeding by the time we returned and it didn't hurt. I glance at Alice, asking if I should shift back. 'No don't I want to see the look on Carmen and Eleazar's faces when we walk in with a wolf.' Tanya says.