new chapter c:

i sat on the counter annie tucked between my legs with a damp washcloth to my face, she was killing me in that sports bra, my heart race picking up at the sincere look in her eyes.

"your an idiot you know" she laughed shaking her head.

"yeah, i know" i spoke joining in on her laughter. her laugh was enough to make me laugh it was contagious really.

annies  mother poked her head around the door before entering.

"is Michael ok?" i questioned she nodded "he's fine sweetie, hes a little angry and I've heard him call you a dick atleast 400 times but hes fine" she laughed causing annie to giggle "i probably deserve it" i said trying to smile.

she examined me "the real question is are you ok?" she asked

"he's fine mother" annie answered for me waving her mother off, her mother nodded disappearing down the hall the direction she came from.

"i love you" I blurted she looked up at me and raised an eyebrow. "yeah?" she questioned

I shrugged and looked down

"look at me luke" she instructed pulling my chin up so she could put the cold cloth against the massive cut on my lip.

there was a long silence before Michael poked his head in his red hair peaking through the door.

"are you ok luke?" he asked

"im fine, are you ok?" I questioned causing him to nod

"im sorry" we said at the same time causing annie to smile and shake her head.

"you know you guys this is stupid, your bestfriends." she spoke softly.

"you know guys this is stupid, you love each other" Michael said staring between me and annie.

the room fell silent and I looked over at annie.

"he's not wrong annie." I spoke

she looked up at the white bland ceiling before setting the wash cloth down and backing away from me.

i frowned at the lack oof her affection my eyes met hers, she looked confused and hurt and there was a pain in my heart knowing i caused it. not only did i hurt her but i also hurt ashton and ive caused all of them to be mad at me fighting for the attention of annie.

ANNies p.o.v

i stared blankley at luke i know that if i get back together with him it will be just as toxic as it was before and I'm not sure i was ready to be in that position again.

but not being with him might hurt even more then being with him, any other girl wont know to rub his back at night or that sometimes rolling over to kiss his cheek at 2 in the morning helps  because hes having trouble sleeping or how sometimes you need to remind him to eat breakfast because hes to into a game of fifa, that when hes in a bad mood the worst thing you can do is tickle him it will only make him more angry, that he's never bothered to watch titanic that his favorite thing to do at the beach is play in the sand and sometimes he really enjoys drinking chocolate milk in the shower, laying in bed at night he likes it when you rub your fingers across his neck lightly because he thinks its the best kind of tickle that his mom is his bestfriend and that hes always had a secret crush on ashtons mom, she wont know to treat him like a king because he deserves the world.

"whats on your mind" he asked sliding of the counter so he was standing in front of me. I thought for a minute, what was the best thing to say in this moment. my words got jumbled and my head began to spin trying to think of what to tell him, so I simply turned and left the bathroom leaving him confused.

I'm only going to hurt him I'm only going to destroy him, I don't want that for him anymore.

I slid into my room locking the door behind me before sitting on the edge of my bed, my eyes wondering to my senior prom picture where I was snug with ashton under a giant banner that said prom. I had hurt him too, I owe him the largest apology.  

I have hurt the people I love the most and hurt myself in the process, my heart has been confused and broken this whole time.

there was a small knock on the door before my mothers soft voice filled the room from the other side of the door I stood up and unlocked it letting her in.

she followed me to my bed and placed a hand on my thigh.

"begin speaking baby, I'm here to listen" she said

"i keep hurting the people I love mom, I really like ashton but everything I do reminds me of luke. the songs on the radio his favorite movie or shows always seem to come on when I sit down to watch the telly. his smile invades my mind constantly, and we are only going to hurt eachother so why cant I let him go"  spoke

"oh annie the answer is so obvious" she began as she patted my thigh "you are inlove with him, you already knew that and he loves you sure its been hell and it will continue to be hell but if you feel he will make you happy, you take that opportunity. because being crazy and insanely happy is the best feeling in the world, you need to listen to this and stop listening to your brain sweetie." she said poking at my heart.

I smiled at her slightly before standing to my feet.

"i have some apologizing to do" I said walking towards my door it might take a lot of effort but I'm ready to make things right.