Chapter 11 (Last)

"Chalein?" A beautiful smile graced his lips as he admired his wife who wore a saree for the first time. She looked a little uncomfortable but put on a smile as she gazed back at him.
(Let's go?)

"You look stunning but agar ap uncomfortable hain to change karlein." He said considerably but when she glanced at her mother standing behind her perfect husband with a glare and a sweet smile which made her look more dangerous than the devil, she knew what to answer.
(If you're uncomfortable then you can change.)

"Nahi, Salaar. I'm fine." They left after a few pics taken forcefully by their mothers as Salaar was a bit too reluctant.
(No)

It had been a few days since their valima and one of the school friends of Salaar had invited them to a dinner party with a few other friends as well. They all wanted to meet the woman who had Salaar Sikander wrapped around her fingers.

"Sunein." They stopped infront of a vast, modern style house. Salaar stopped the engine and turned to look at her, forgetting to breathe once again. Her red lips in vision again reminded him of the day after their nikkah. If only that stupid cousin of mine hadn't knocked on the door. He thought vengefully.
(Listen.)

"Ji?"
(Yes?)

"My friends, well, I wouldn't call them my friends as they're just my acquaintances but they're outgoing and very outspoken. They won't say anything inappropriate to you but I'd prefer it if you're near me at all times." Koi serious bat karte waqt itna acha kese lag sakta hai? She shook her head and nodded in a yes.
(How can someone look this good while talking seriously?)

"Words, janaan." She blushed but said otherwise.

"Theek hai."
(Ok)

The house looked as if it belonged to a celebrity. There were many people who his friend called few. He grabbed her soft hand in his rough ones as they made their way to the living room.

"Salaar! Mujhe laga tha tum nahi aoge." The host, Ahmad, stood up and shook Salaar's hand. Unlike Salaar, every man was in western clothes. Some wives were showing a little too much but one or two were actually wearing a saree like Amal so she didn't feel awkward about her dress at least.
(I thought you wouldn't attend.)

"So, this is Mrs. Sikander, I presume?" Ahmad asked hesitantly but respectfully. Facing the chief's wrath was not in anyone's bucket list, surely.

"Yes. We'll take our seat now." Salaar sat beside his childhood bestfriend who was like Salaaar himself. Haris Khan was a man of a few words and ran a multi-million company. He had a few deals with Huzaifa, Salaar's and Amal's cousin, ongoing. He was not yet married.

"It's been years since I last saw you, brother." Haris had a soft corner for Salaar as he knew that Salaar had a tough life preparing himself for being an army soldier. It was not anyone's cup of tea and Salaar had proven this to everyone present in the room.

"Yes, I recall it's been 12 years." They sat beside each other and after the introduction, they began catching up. She sighed and ran her gaze around the room. The atmosphere was so different from what she is used to. Finally, what she came for, dinner started to get served as they all took a seat.

"So, You are Mrs. Sikander?" A woman who looked in her early thirties asked her but her tone was condescending. Amal nodded with a smile unknowingly.

"What do you do, Mrs. Sikander? You look young." The woman raised her eyebrows at her and she looked a little uncomfortable. She glanced at Salaar to see him gripping the spoon he was eating with tightly.

"I-I actually just graduated from university."

"Oh, what major? Why aren't you working?" She bit her lips and dropped her spoon lightly on her plate, knowing that she wouldn't be able to take a bite soon.