Chapter 7

"Ye wali lagao." Amal stared at Ayesha like she was crazy.
(Put on this one.)

"Red lipstick? Dimagh to theek hai? Hum dinner karne jarahe hain, nikkah karne nahi."
(Are you insane? We're going for dinner, not for nikkah.)

"Haye, badi jaldi hai nikkah ki? Wo bhi hojayega magar abhi ye lipstick lagao." Amal liked to dress simple. She did wear minimal makeup but she has never tried on a red lipstick maybe when she was a child and curiosity got the best of her.
(Ohh, getting desperate for your wedding? It will happen too but put on this lipstick right now.)

"Bohot over lagega, Ayesha. Or wese bhi ammi ne kiya ye itna bhari suit pehna diya." She adjusted the sleeves of her light pink dress again. It was a beautiful churidaar with a little heavy embroidery which was too much for Amal. Covering her head with the veil lightly like always, she wore her small block heels and went out the room.
(I would be overdressed, Ayesha. And mom has given me such a heavy suit to wear.)

Salaar had been waiting for her outside and she was very nervous. She doesn't know what'll happen tonight but she has already thought that she'll make her decision based on tonight. For some reason, she wanted this dinner to be perfect, resulting in her saying yes.

Such a cunning thing you are, Amal. She thought for herself. After saying goodbye to the teasing smiles from everyone, she took a deep breath and left her house.

Standing infront her, clad in a white and blue Armani suit and leaning against his Audi was Salaar. He always wears kurta and salwar so this is the first time she has seen him in western formal dressing. He took her breath away with his handsomeness. But the situation of Salaar was way worse.

It was getting harder and harder to control himself around her. The light pink dress complimented her milky, bright skin. Her lips painted pink made him clench his fists unconsciously. She looked ethereal, unreal. Ya Allah, mujhe sabr de. He thought as he tried to come back to earth.
(Oh, Allah, grant me patience.)

"Aj to jaan lene ke iraade lag rahe hain." His deep baritone voice made her shiver in delight. She blushed and shook her head.
(It looks like you have means to take my life.)

"A-agar jaan leli to d-dinner kiske sath karongi?" A chuckle escaped him at her words and she smiled back at him. He loved her smile the most. His heart would clench in love looking at her smile. She looks so cute. He controlled himself once again and opened the door for her.
(If I take your life then who I'll have dinner with?)

The ride to the restaurant was spent in silence with both of them glancing at each other once in a while. The silence was comforting for Amal but she couldn't understand the turmoil of Salaar. The way he was gripping the wheel so hard to stop himself from grabbing her hand or to stop everything right now and kiss her senseless. For the first time, he thought that he was grateful for her innocence. His anxiousness was not invisible. Anyone could see and tell that the man is holding himself back. From doing something that is not right for them yet.

Getting a comfortable seat in the vip room, Amal was glad for the privacy. The room was dimmed and the low lights provided a calm atmosphere.

After ordering, Amal felt awkward. Ab kiya? Main kiya bat karon inse? Hamare to interests bhi itne different honge. Or wo to age main bhi kitne bade hain. Agar inhone politics ki batein shuru kardein to? Amal gasped in her mind. Mujhe to ek lafz nahi pata uske baare main. Lekin inke koi or interest bhi to ho-
(Now what? What should I talk about? Our interests are so different. And he's also older than me. What if he talks about politics? I don't know a thing about politics but he could also have-)