Walking In The Rain

Sarah's POV:

This play isn't really the best, but what did I expect when it's a school play. I keep seeing in the corner of my eye Ethan looking at me. I just wish we knew what to do. We both want each other and we both love each other, but it's difficult as we are from 2 different worlds. I'm never going to die and he will grow up and get with someone else and I will still be here alone... I know Ethan has been looking for a cure for years now, but I don't think there will ever be one and if there is, it won't be round here.

"THE END!" All the cast from the school play shout. Everyone starts clapping and cheering
Ethan, Mrs and Mr Morgan and myself stand up and clap.
"WELL DONE JANE" Mrs Morgan shouts.
"WHOOP!" Mr Morgan shouts
I can see Ethan is embarrassed by them, but I think it's sweet and funny.

"Thank you so much for inviting me to watch the play, but I've got to get home now" I say to Mr & Mrs Morgan
"Oh really? I can give you a lift home if you want?" Mr Morgan asks
"Don't worry about it. I could do with a bit of fresh air"
"I will come with you" Ethan says
"You really don't have to"
"Are you sure you want to walk Sarah? It's raining outside" Mrs Morgan asks
"Yeah I like the rain" I say to them all
"I'm coming" Ethan says.
"Alright well it was lovely to see you again Sarah. We've missed you." Mrs Morgan said to me as she gives me a hug.
Ethan and I start to walk out the building.

"Oh god it is really raining" Ethan says to me.
"I will just going to fly home, so you really don't have to come with me" I say to him
"I think we need to have a nice walk and talk"
"Nice walk? It's throwing it down with rain Ethan"
"Please"
"Fine let's go"
We started walking through the park already soaking wet.
"So Sarah I just want to know what's going on between us?" Ethan asks me
"What do you mean?" I respond
"You know what I mean. Are you we together are we friends? Because I don't do what we did last night with Benny"
"Ha. I hope not. Seriously Ethan you know we can't be together. As much as we want to..."
"What about if we just dated for a few months?"
"What's the point with that Ethan?"
"Please just anything! This is torture for me!"

WHAT DID HE JUST SAY? It's torture for him! What about me? A rage of anger started to work up my body and I just lost it
"TORTURE FOR YOU? DO YOU NOT THINK THIS IS TORTURE FOR ME AS WELL?" I flashed my fangs out to him and hissed! I've just lost my control! I know I shouldn't...
Ethan looked terrified of me which has now made me feel guilty, but I can't stop I'm so annoyed and angry at him for saying that. I think I was so stressed already about this whole Ethan and me thing and now I've been pushed to the edge.
"DO YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL ETHAN? I CAN'T BE WITH THE PERSON I LOVE AND I AM STUCK AS A 17 YEAR OLD GIRL FOREVER AND IT IS SORT OF YOUR FAULT!"
I could see Ethan's face changed from scared to anger and he started to loose control as well
"HOW IS THIS MY FAULT? I DIDN'T TURN YOU INTO A VAMPIRE!" He screams at me. Oh no... What have I started?
"I KNOW YOU DIDN'T, BUT YOU DIDN'T HELP ME AT ALL! I GAVE YOU A POTION THAT WOULD BEAT MY CURSE AND I DRANK YOUR BLOOD TO SAVE YOU FROM BECOMING ONE OF ME! I HAVE BASICALLY KILLED MYSELF BECAUSE OF YOU!" I started to walk away from him, but he jumps in front of me.
"I NEVER ASKED YOU TO DO ANY OF THAT SARAH! YOU CHOSE TO DO THAT FOR ME. I HAVE GONE THROUGH HELL FOR YOU! YOU LEFT AFTER THE DANCE AFTER DRINKING MY BLOOD AND THEN MONTHS LATER AFTER NOT HEARING FROM YOU YOU COME BACK AND JUST TO LEAVE AGAIN FOR A YEAR THIS TIME! YOU ARE DRAGGING ME AROUND AND AROUND! I'VE BEEN GOING CRAZY EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU HAVE LEFT ME!"
"I LEFT FOR YOU! IT WAS ALL FOR YOU YOU JERK! I TRIED TO STAY AWAY FROM YOU TO KEEP YOU SAFE!"

We fell silent. Non of us knew what to say now. We have never fought before... We have had little disagreements, but we've never screamed at each other. This just shows how frustrated we both are and now it's just exploded.

Ethan's POV:

I can't believe what is actually happening right now. I'm so angry at her for blaming me for all of this! I don't want to scream at her, but I can't stop.
We've gone quiet now and neither of us knows what to say.
"Sarah" I calmly say
"What?" She snaps back at me
"We need to calmly see both sides of our situation..."
"Go on then! Talk!"  She says as she rolls her eyes
"I've had a crush on you since I accidentally spilt food on you in the lunch hall and since then it's only gotten stronger and stronger to the point of love. Every little thing I've done is to protect you as that's all I care about. When you saved me by drinking my blood I felt awful, not because of the bite or lose of blood, but the fact that I ruined your life more and didn't help keep you safe. Then you left... when you left I felt even worse and I was contacting you everyday in hopes you would tell me you are okay as I was worried. I thought you went off to fight Jesse. Then after a few months you came back and I was soooo excited to see you again and hear your voice and feel your touch. We carried on and our relationship only got stronger and stronger, but then when that whole thing went down with the werewolves you left me again for over a year. I'm not even mad you didn't contact me, I'm mad you contact everyone else but me! Now you are back again and what we had last night is all I ever wanted for that year you were gone and now I feel like you are going to leave again and it's putting me on edge because I'm the one who has been waiting for you, not wanting a relationship with anyone just in case you come back. I just don't understand why you think we can't be together"

"Do you know why this is torture for me Ethan?" She says quietly
"Yes! Tell me!" I plead
"I will try and do this easily for you as your mind is just geeky. Imagine you are desperate for water and you are so dehydrated and suddenly you see an amazing bottle of water that you love so much, but you can't have it. You managed to get close to it and have the tiniest bit of it and adore it. but you can't have anymore. You are so dehydrated and all you have to do all day is just look at this nice cold fresh bottle of water, you would go insane because you can't have it and it's not just a want anymore, it's a need... Well if you leave you may still be dehydrated, but at least you don't have to just stare at water all day. That's torture. We can't be together Ethan. Although we both would like to and it seems so right and maybe we are soulmates in another life, but it can't happen and deep down you know I'm correct. Instead of listening to your beautiful heart, listen to your dorky brain that knows everything."
"Sarah don't do this to me again!" My eyes are starting to tear, but hopefully she will think it's just the rain.
"I'm not leaving, but I think we just be friends and that's final." She says as she gets closer to me, I can't tell if she is crying or if it's the rain
"I don't think I can be just your friend"
"It's going to be hard for me as well, but what else can we do? Unless you don't want us to even talk to each other and just be a classmate in school"
"NO! I want to talk to you. I want to be in my life and I want to be in yours"
"Well friendship it is..."
"What about if you get cured?"
"If that should happen, which I doubt it will, then of course. if we still love each other in that way, we will be a perfect couple"
"So friendship it is..."
"The rain is getting worse. I will fly you home and then fly myself home"
"No you fly home and I will just walk"
"Don't be like that Ethan. Friends give each other lifts home"
"No forget it! You just go home"
"Fine! Suit yourself"
Sarah flies off and I just sit on a bench in the rain.