Chapter 14

"Hey"

I curse and drop my keys as I round the corner to my apartment.

Sukuna is leaning on the wall next to my door.

Great.

"Hey, why are you here?" I ask, bending down to grab my keys, huffing on my way back up. I'm tired and grumpy from work. After Gojo and Geto left, the store got busy and didn't slow down until we closed. It was brutal.

"Thought you might want to see me," he shrugs, rubbing his bicep, the black ink on his skin. Sexual tension pores off of him.

"I'm way too tired right now. It's been a day," I shove my key into the door and turn the knob, slipping off my shoes as I ask inside. Sukuna follows me in.

"Yeah right," he says. "That's what you always say."

"I mean it," I glare at him.

"Let me eat you out," He says, his voice low, arms crossed. "I fucking miss the way you taste."

There's a pulse between my legs. I shift slightly, but he notices.

"Please," he says it like a starving man.

"Hmm," I make a show of thinking about it. Then, I remember Elaine's words.

You made a mistake but you don't have to keep making the same mistake, right?

Oh, it's so hard. I agreed with her wholeheartedly then, but now that Sukuna is in front of me, I feel my resolve wavering.

You don't have to keep making the same mistake...

...right?

I think back to the way he touched me the other day. Not when he was fucking me, but when he was hurting me. I make myself remember how he wouldn't loosen his grip even though I was crying and in pain and telling him to stop. I think about the names he called me, how he made me sound like an object, a warm body, to be passed around. He didn't know my value then and he doesn't now either.

I think back to class with Gojo.

"Well, Michel didn't write the letters out of love for her...She could have been anyone."

"They cared for the ideas of each other that they had created during their time apart."

"They didn't know each other at all."

"Perhaps they loved the fictional versions of each other..."

"Maybe they were obsessed with the game of it all."

"They didn't love each other."

"Sukuna, please leave," I say, crossing my arms. "I'm not doing anything with you. Last time was a one-time thing. You said you understood that."

He doesn't look happy. "Come on."

"No," I say, "it's not fucking happening. I mean it. You got what you wanted last time, now leave! I'm tired."

"Baby, please--"

"No," I stalk over to him and push his chest with my hand. "No, do not call me that right now. You don't care enough to call me that. We're not back together. What happened yesterday was an anomaly. One-and-done type of thing. Leave."

"I'm not--"

"Leave!" I shout. "Fucking leave!

He stares down at me, breathing heavily, and I know that if he wanted to, he could easily overpower me. The thought sickens me, but I stand my ground.