𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

-   ZARIAH PETROVA -

   ZARIAH KNEW SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE SAID ANYTHING. Shit, she knew she shouldn't have even looked up from the table.

But something about that woman made her so irate inside. She couldn't help it, she'd made her lose control.

Of all the avengers, Natalia Romanova was the worst. Hell, she didn't even use her real name anymore, instead going by an alias that she believed pushed away her past. But those were things that were never to be forgotten.

Dreykov had told Zariah about her one day. How that once there was a widow that stood in the same position she did, top of the school. But she'd betrayed them.

Without hesitation, she'd defected from their cause, abandoning them for the Americans instead. Now she walked around all high and mighty, pretending to be a great hero of the earth. She even still wore the black widow symbol. An utter disgrace to the people who'd raised her.

She'd thrown them away like trash and was trying to convince Zariah to do the same? Well that wasn't going to happen. Zariah would never betray anyone.

The girl sat silently staring at the table in the room, still trying to calm herself from the interaction with the traitor. She went through everything she'd said, replaying it in her mind.

Nobody's coming for you.

That wasn't true. Zariah knew it. She wasn't like the others. She was different.

But she had noticed the bandage around her upper thigh, how she had a cut underneath it where her tracker would have been. Perhaps that part of the traitor's story was true, maybe she had destroyed her tracker.

But it wouldn't matter. They would still come looking for her. Dreykov or Madame B. wouldn't let their best asset simply go missing.

Yet, Natalia hadn't said missing. She'd said KIA. Killed in action. Had she actually blown up her tracker alongside their own base? Or was it yet another ruse to try get Zari to spill her secrets.

The redhead suppressed letting out a sigh. It was most likely true. Too bad she'd been unconscious throughout and couldn't remember a thing.

So, she was stuck here. Everyone back home would think she was dead...

No. That couldn't happen. She had to get back to prove them wrong. She had to get out of this stupid building.

The door clicked open again. Zariah, lost in her thoughts, instinctively looked up without thinking. Once again she was met with the eyes of the infamous redhead.

Zariah scowled. She'd already initiated contact so she might as well keep staring the woman down. She took a seat opposite her, smiling slightly. Zariah wanted to punch it off of her pretty face.

Slowly, the redhead slid a plastic cup towards Zari. The girl peered into it, spying the water inside. She ignored it and moved her gaze back to the woman.

The cup could have anything inside. Poison, psychedelics, sleeping drugs. Anything that would either wipe her out or trick her into talking. Zariah wasn't going to fall for it.