𝐬𝐢𝐱

-   NATASHA ROMANOFF -

"I REALLY DONT UNDERSTAND what you're looking for."

"Just shutup and keep playing it."

The agent sighed loudly as he leant back in his chair. "She's literally just lying there."

"Do you know what shutup means?"

Natasha shot daggers at the agent and he finally turned back around. The pair of them continued to watch the screen in front of them. The young red-headed girl lay sleeping in her bed, atop the covers, tossing and turning every so often.

A minute or so passed, then the girl was seen waking up. She sat on her bed, staring into space, then the screen turned black.

The agent sighed again. "And that's it. Back to current feed. I told you, nothing happened."

Natasha stood with her arms crossed, still staring at the now blank screen. Before she could say anything else, the door to the surveillance room opened.

"Nat, what are you doing? Fury's looking for us," Clint said, stepping into the room. He eyed the agent and the computer screen.

"Leave us," Natasha said aloud, her command pointed towards the agent sat in the chair.

He threw his hands up in the air. "Whatever, man."

Once he was out of the room, Clint pulled the door closed. "You alright?"

Natasha leaned forward to reach the computer's mouse. She clicked back on the surveillance video, pressing a button on the keyboard to accelerate the footage. "Watch."

Clint looked down at the video then turned to face her with the same look the agent had. "She's sleeping?"

Natasha sighed. "I know, but look how. She reached out to point at the screen. "Look at her left arm."

The girl turned in her sleep, body and head moving side to side, and yet the entire night her hand remained in one position. It lay above her head next to the back wall, unmoving, as if held there by an imaginary force.

"Okay, so her arm doesn't move?" Clint said, his voice skeptical. "I don't understand what significance that has?"

Natasha turned to face her best friend. "You remember what I told you about the red room? What they'd do to us at night?"

Clint's eyes widened, realisation setting in. "They'd handcuff you to the beds so you couldn't escape?"

Natasha nodded. "Exactly."

They both looked back at the girl with her arm above her head, holding it there as if she had no other choice.

"That's a learned behaviour," Nat said. "She's not doing it by accident."

   Clint nodded slowly, putting the pieces together in his head.

   "That's my confirmation," said Natasha. "She's from the red room."

   The blonde looked over at Nat, his face slightly concerned. "Okay. You were right."

   Natasha nodded. She'd been keeping herself up all night wondering if this girl had really came from the same place she had, if she truly had failed to destroy the red room all those years ago.

   This girl had the same fighting style, the same suit, the same black widow symbol, and now she was showing the same habits Natasha had from her years of training. All signs where pointing to the red room and Natasha could deny them no longer.