𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞. songbird

XII —— songbird

🦢

          THE MARAUDERS ARE TOLD TO leave after the game by McGonagall — otherwise Fianna thinks they would've stayed for Gryffindor's afterparty, which started immediately following Gryffindor's win. The students walked back up to the school, and before the final student returned back to the castle, someone in Gryffindor Tower had already turned on the gramophone.

Fianna, Georgia, and the rest of the team disappear briefly to shower, before making their entrance into the common room as the triumphant team of that day's game. Fianna changed into a black mini skirt with her Quidditch cable knit jumper on top, quickly shoving her heeled Mary Janes onto her feet. Georgia was wearing the same thing except with Doc Martens, the two holding hands as they entered the common room.

"Here's our Captain!" says Prewett, putting his arms around Georgia. Fianna lets go of Georgia's hand, smelling the Firewhiskey radiating from Prewett. Someone hands her a glass of what seems to be Buck's Fizz — a staple of Gryffindor common room parties, since people thought the orange juice would convince McGonagall (if she ever stepped foot in the common room after they won a Quidditch match, which she rarely did) they weren't drinking alcohol.

Georgia's ushered away from Fianna, as people start chanting "Potter!" Fianna thinks, it was kind-of me that helped win the game... but it makes her happy, seeing Georgia celebrated like this, that she doesn't mention it. Instead, she leans against the wall, taking a sip of her drink — more prosecco than orange juice, she'd add.

Prewett spins Georgia around for a moment, as a wizard rock song plays. Fianna thinks the song's a rip-off of Heart of Glass, but whatever. She watches Georgia laughing and singing along, the centre of attention. Fianna, as out-of-place as she feels, enjoys seeing her best friend this happy.

She wonders if she'd be dancing along with them, if this year hadn't transformed into what it is. Maybe if Fianna hadn't helped cover for Regulus back on the train, she wouldn't know that Voldemort was using a Horcrux, that Death Eaters were rampant and wanting to target the school — or that one of them didn't want to be a Death Eater, but had no way out. Maybe if Fianna's year was meant to be what she planned — being head girl, running Duelling Club, planning the Yule Ball, and giving Hogwarts a reason to smile amidst the chaos — she wouldn't feel so excluded, like a ghost to her previous life.