𝐬𝐢𝐱. almond croissants for all

VI —— almond croissants for all

🦢

          FIANNA'S FRIDAY BEGINS ODDLY, with Dumbledore inviting her and Prewett to his office. She grabs an almond croissant — the best kind, albeit unpopular amongst the other students, meaning they're only made on Fridays — and rushes down the hallway with Prewett, half of her croissant still in her hand as they make the ascent into the headteacher's office. Flustered, she hopes this is good news about the Yule Ball, which they presented to him the night before.

"Good morning, good morning," says Dumbledore, warmly. "Did you bring me a treat?"

Fianna looks down at her croissant. "... No."

"I jest," says Dumbledore, with a smile. "Lupins and their food."

She glances to the side at Prewett, who doesn't seem to question the interaction. But, then, why would he? Only Fianna's mind goes to, oh fuck, Remus and chocolate, and Dumbledore knows about his cravings because he knows that Remus is a werewolf and

"I'm sorry to cut your breakfast short, but I have good news," he tells them. "I think the Yule Ball is a fantastic idea." Fianna's eyes light up, overjoyed. She has to contain herself, to make sure she doesn't miss out on the rest of Dumbledore's words. "The choice to hold it before the holidays is very wise, especially during these trying times... and I like the idea of a theme — it seems very Muggle, which I hope will change certain people's opinions on the other half of our world. How about we have a fortnightly meeting to discuss planning? I will allow you to organise this — Professor Flitwick can help with budgeting — as long as you keep me in the loop." He pauses, and smiles cheekily at Fianna. "And I get ample time to plan my outfit." Fianna grins. "How does all of this sound?"

"Amazing!"

Prewett squeezes Fianna's arm, excited. If she wasn't so over the moon, she'd question that. But instead, she looks ahead at Dumbledore, and thanks him for listening to their ideas — her ideas, let's be real. But still! A Yule Ball! Fianna did it!