Chapter 2

It's 5:30 when my alarm goes off, and my sister is temporarily sleeping with me in my bedroom. We've arranged a corner for her because my grandmother is staying with us for a month.

I go downstairs, making as little noise as possible so as not to wake anyone. After switching on the coffee machine, I change the pod and make my coffee.

The cool morning air awakens every one of my senses, and I have a quick breakfast and get dressed, after all my bus goes by at 6:45. amanita is usually by my side on the bus journey, but this week she's away with her Italian class in Italy.

Not that I mind, I love being alone. But I'm someone who never stops thinking, so I dive into my thoughts and watch the landscape go by. I'm in a relationship with someone called Éos.

I'm supposed to love him, and I did at the start of our relationship, but I can't quite get to like him. My instinct is that he'd be a good friend, but not someone for me. The more time goes by the more I tell myself that I should end this relationship.

So I decided to write a long letter and send it to him.

Here it is 

"Dear Eos;

I take a deep breath as I sit down to write these words, because I feel the weight of what I have to say.

This letter is not only an expression of my feelings, but also an acknowledgement of the value of our time togetherFrom the beginning of our relationship, I've enjoyed every moment we've shared. The shared laughter, the deep discussions, the ups and downs - all of this has contributed to the person I am today. However, as time went on, I felt the need to step back and reflect on the direction our relationship was taking.

I want you to know that these words are not easy to write, but I believe in the importance of honesty in a relationship. As your partner, you deserve truth and transparency,

even if these truths can be difficult to accept.

Over the past few weeks, I've taken time to reflect on my own feelings and our dynamics as a couple. It has become clear to me that our aspirations and needs in a relationship can differ. This is not a judgement of you as a person, or of myself, but rather a recognition of the complexity of human relationships.

I think it's essential to be honest with ourselves and with each other in these situations. I feel that our paths could go in different directions, and out of respect for you and myself, I think it's better to acknowledge that now rather than prolong a situation that could become more difficult in the future.I want you to know that this decision is not being taken lightly. It is with the utmost respect for you and for the memories we have created together that I take this decision; I appreciate the person you are and the precious moments we have shared.

However, I would like to stress that this decision does not mean the end of our connection as human beings. Our paths may change, but I firmly believe that the solid foundation of a friendship can remain intact.

I understand that this can be tricky, especially as we regularly see each other at taekwondo sessions on Wednesdays and Fridays, but I promise to maintain a respectful attitude and to keep these times comfortable for both of us. If you feel the need to discuss this decision further, I'm open to that conversation. I believe that communication is the key, even at difficult times like this, and I'd like to thank you for the experiences we've shared and for the respect you've always shown me. I sincerely hope you find peace and happiness in the days ahead.

All the best;

Night"