𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘵𝘸𝘰 - 𝘥𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨

꧁ - - - - - - ✧ - - - - - - ꧂

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨 — 𝑑𝑟𝑜𝑤𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔

"LEILANI!" RACHEL YELLED from downstairs and Leilani rolled her eyes, pulling a jade green cop top on, paired with denim shorts and her hair braided.

"I'm coming!" Leilani shouted, grabbing her phone and walking into the kitchen. "Where's Cait and Bryce?" she questioned when she noticed how empty the large house seemed.

Rachel poured Leilani a cup of tea. "They're with Christopher for the week. He's demanding to see them more." the woman seemed upset about it, but it sounded like a good thing to Leilani.

"Is that bad?" Leilani grabbed a banana, beginning to peel it.

Rachel didn't answer and instead pushed the fresh tea towards her step-daughter. "Drink before you go." Leilani had made it a point to ask if she could go to KMR, even though she hated the new rules Rachel was imposing, and that it was just going to be the two of them for a whole week.

The girl shook her head. "No, I'm good. I'll see you tonight. Scout, come on, buddy." Leilani called to her dog and grabbed her keychain. She finished her banana as Scout came over, and the pair walked out to Leilani's car.

Early that morning, Leilani had gotten her cast replaced and was given serious instructions to not do anything strenuous for the next three weeks. Of course she would try, but if it came down to it, Leilani would break her wrist again to help John B and Sarah.

It was a bright day, so Leilani pulled on her sunglasses as she drove through Kildare, parking in the lot at KMR. She and Scout walked into the building, immediately going upstairs to the dolphin pools. Sunny, the newest infant dolphin was still in the temporary pool, a staff member with her at all times. They were going to try to pair Sunny with Rosie by the end of the week. "Hey, kid." Alexa greeted when she saw Leilani.

"Hey," Leilani squatted at the edge of the pool Sunny was swimming in, Kat standing near the ladder in case Sunny needed her. "Hi, Sunny girl." she cooed, clicking her tongue to alert Sunny of her presense.

Sunny squeaked as she recognized the first human she had ever encountered. The infant dolphin was discovered to only be a few weeks old. Sunny was a baby, and Leilani was determined to train her successfully. "She did good last night. She's feeding well." Kat said and Leilani gave Sunny a ring to play with, before she stood and moved over to Rosie's pool.

Rosie had been in such a depressive state since Pepper died, and she hardly ever came out from under the swim platform. "Hi, Rosie. You okay?" she kicked her sandals off and stepped into the water that reached her calves, taking off one of her rings to wave it front of the dolphin's eyes, hoping to coax her out. Her wrist was held behind her back so it wouldn't get wet.