𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘰𝘯𝘦 - 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨

— • — • — • — ꧁꧂ — • — • — • —

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞𝑓𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔

THE TWINKIE WAS parked near the Hawk's Nest, the apparent meeting spot between Sarah and John B. Pope sat on the floor in the backseat, pulling the door open. "Hit it, boys! We're goin'. Recon mission." JJ said, he and Pope beginning to leave the van.

"Yo, uh... so, uh, I think I'm gonna do this one by myself... tonight." thunder rumbled as John B spoke, his four friends sitting back in the Twinkie.

"Really?" JJ muttered. Leilani's legs were across his, one of his hands resting comfortably on her thigh. They were relaxing around each other now, and JJ knew he had to make a move soon, or it would all go to waste.

"What?" John B asked, eyeing the changed dynamic between the blonde and the Polynesian girl.

"Nothin'." JJ said in return. Leilani's head rested by Kie's legs, and she couldn't wait to get home and go to sleep.

"I don't want to spook Sarah with the peanut gallery." John B reasoned.

Kie sat up. "I just don't understand why we're involving her at all." she continued where the argument at Rixon's had left off.

"Kie, we're not involving her, okay? It's—It's just, uh, like a—a business meeting... thing."

JJ used his joint to immitate a blow job, making Pope laugh and Leilani smile. She closed her eyes, leaning back against the seat. "John B, can you say one sentence tonight without fucking stuttering, please?" she said and John B sighed.

"Why are you being such a bitch to me?" John B said and Leilani lifted her head from the seat, opening her eyes.

"Hey, whoa." JJ warned quickly, not liking the words coming out of John B's mouth.

"That's not cool, bro." Pope added.

"Whatever. Look, once we get what we need, we cut her loose, all right? Plus we need the map." John B continued, looking at Kie.

"Once again, if you needed the map, all I needed was a computer." Leilani said under her breath, JJ's ringed fingers rolling over her skin where the break in her dress was, goosebumps littering Leilani's skin. She didn't know how she was able to be so calm with JJ's hands on her, but she was going to use it to her advantage.

"Promise me nothing's happening between you two." Kie said, a smirk on her face.

John B rolled his eyes. "Nothing is happening, Kie."

"I'm being serious."

"Okay!"

"This isn't about you, and this isn't about us. This is about her. Dude, she's gonna get inside your head. Just promise me nothing's happening between you guys." Kie said again, her voice leveling out above the lightening and thunder.

"I promise."

"That was really believable." JJ instigated, hand running from Leilani's thigh, to just above her converse, and back again.

"A hundred percent believable." Pope added, curiously watching JJ's hand on Leilani. Something must've happened between them, because Leilani had never looked so relaxed than she was right then.

"Anyways, um... I'm gonna take care of business." John B opened the door to the Twinkie.

"You're gonna take care of it so well." JJ said, his messy hair falling in his face.

"We'll just sit here... in the hot-ass car... while's it's lightning." John B stepped out of the car, shutting the door behind him after he grabbed his backpack.

Leilani took hold of her phone, opening her notes app and writing something down quickly. She handed her phone to Kie, who read the words Leilani had typed, her eyes widening with every word that she read. "Are you serious? Today?" Kie asked, and Leilani nodded, taking the phone back.

"What?" Pope said, sharing a look with JJ, both of them confused. Leilani added more words to the note, passing the phone to Kie without JJ seeing.

"Two times?" Kie gaped, Leilani nodding and adding a third message on to her phone. "After we got the drone? Holy fuck." Kiara said, shocked at what Leilani had written.

"What are y'all talking about?" JJ asked, a tinge of nervousness in his voice, looking between the girls intently.

"Nothing." Leilani said quickly, taking her phone back and putting it in her lap.

JJ drummed his fingers on Leilani's leg out of boredom. "Kiara, holding onto your grudge is like drinking poison and thinking Sarah will die." Pope said to the girl.

"That was poetic, Pope." Leilani teased, taking one of JJ's hands and looping her fingers with his, playing with it for no reason. JJ didn't mind at all.

A large rumble of thunder sounded, and Leilani jumped slightly. She wasn't a fan of thunder and lightning, and she hated being out late at night, so her stress levels were pretty high. JJ noticed her necklace wind up in her mouth, and he squeezed her hand. "You okay?" he whispered, Pope and Kie having a conversation around them.

Leilani nodded, wincing slightly as she saw a strike of lightning. "Yeah." she smiled, and JJ rubbed her leg, starting a conversation with Pope.

"Wait, do you guys hear that? Shh." Kie asked suddenly.

They all waited for whatever Kie had heard, and then Sarah started screaming for help. The group climbed out of the van, Leilani holding up her dress as they ran towards the sound of Sarah's voice. "Sarah! What happened?" Pope asked, arriving at the scene first.

John B was unconscious on the dirt, and Leilani looked up to see a hole in the railing of the Hawk's Nest. "I don't know what to do. He needs help. Topper shoved him." Sarah sobbed as Leilani landed on her knees, checking John B over.

"Where the hell is he?" JJ asked angrily, Leilani pressing her fingers to John B's neck and wrist, feeling a pulse.

Pope ran off to get help as Sarah begged him to, Kie telling him to hurry. Leilani didn't know what to do to help John B. She worked with animals, not people. Sarah cried, pressing her lips to John B's. Leilani didn't have the heart to tell her that John B wasn't dying, because she was in such distress. "Pope, come on!" JJ yelled to Pope. Leilani shifted away from John B and Sarah to give them some space. She knew he would be fine, but it was looking a little dicey at the moment.

༄༄༄