𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦 - 𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘦𝘭 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘴

— • — • — • — ꧁꧂ — • — • — • —

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞𝑚𝑜𝑡𝑒𝑙 𝑟𝑜𝑜𝑚 𝑚𝑖𝑠ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑠

LEILANI DROVE THE HMS Pogue to the coast guard dock, the group of five and Scout walking up to the desk. Leilani, Pope and Kie stayed behind as JJ and John B tried to talk to the coast guard agent. They came back with nothing, and after some extra convincing with Pope and Leilani, John B was driving the boat towards the motel the salvaged key belonged to.

JJ whistled as the run-down motel came into view, the hurricane hitting it hard. "I thought the Chateau looked bad." he said, stepping onto the bow.

"This place is a shitshow." John B commented, his speed decreasing as they came closer to land.

"Motel or meth lab?" Kie asked, sitting beside Leilani.

"You be the judge." JJ grabbed the anchor as Pope spoke.

Leilani frowned. "Doesn't really like the place somebody with a Grady White would stay." she said, JJ's hat still covering her glasses-clad face.

"No. Looks like a place someone with a Grady White would get killed." Pope said quickly.

"Jesus Christ, Pope." Leilani sighed at his morbidness, realizing how religious her words sounded.

John B inched the boat closer to the grass, JJ preparing to tie it off. "This is your captain speaking. HMS Pogue comin' in for landing." he mimicked a radio as he spoke and Leilani rolled her eyes at him.

"We good?" John B asked as JJ dug the anchor into the grass, tying it tightly to the rope.

"Yeah, we good." JJ responded once he had finished, petting a whining Scout goodbye.

John B walked towards the bow. "All right. Here goes nothin'."

"Hey," Pope stopped his friend, leaning on the metal railing with Kie beside him. "Don't let him do anything stupid." he pointed at JJ, who had been playing rock, paper, scissors with Leilani.

"Oh, we will." JJ said confidently, flipping Leilani off as she beat him.

"I'm not making promises." John B said, and Pope responded with a dejected sigh.

Kie talked to John B briefly and JJ turned to Leilani. "Sure you don't want to come? Might find some cool surf stuff." he said, leaning on his knee with his head towards the girl.