{Chapter 13}

POV 3rd Person (Dannie):

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep* *Beep* *Beep* *Beep* *Beep* *Beep* *Beep* *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

*BUZZZZZZ*

Bishop's office code was always the longest, no one knew the code, not even the other droids knew it. Bishop shoved open the door and walked to his desk, signaling Dannie to sit down at the chair in front of him. Dannie sat down, and began fidgeting with his hands, dragging his thumb along the line on his palm. "Project Transformation Cell is going nowhere. For the last month, there has been no progress, the mutants working on the crystal have been saying that the cell is finished, that instead, the issue is 013-202012, stating that the mutagen inside his blood is way too unstable, compared to most of the mutants inside the facility...So soon, whether that's within the next month or by the end of the year, 013-202012's blood will be stablized, do not bring this up to anyone, not 013-202012, not even 013-000001...", Dannie was confused, 'what were they going to do to Mikey'.

"Wait, sir if you don't mind me asking, how are you going to stabilize the mutagen in his blood?", Bishop just typed into his computer as he stayed silent. But Dannie waited, watching the droid type into the computer, and Dannie didn't speak, he couldn't even if he wanted to, he had to wait. Finally, Bishop turned the computer towards the mutant, showing him the screen with Mikey's body structure beside two DNA structures from two different creatures, Dannie was confused, "Once the time has come and the injections are ready, 013-202012 will be injected with Ten CCs of mutagen that was extracted from the body of our most stable mutant, as well as Ten CCs of the perfected mutagen-"

"You're going to do what?!- Sir, injecting Mik-", Dannie took a deep breath, trying the best of his ability to calm himself down, "Sir. 013-202012, as you have stated has severely unstable mutagen inside his blood. Adding-, injecting two different mutagens into his bloodstream could have an adverse reaction!!!", Dannie was no longer sitting comfortably inside his chair, now he was standing, staring at the droid that only held a blank expression, "Do you think I care?", Bishop curked his brow, staring at Dannie, "013-202012. That mutant has only two important roles, raise the specimens until they reach the age of maturity and be a test subject until the crystal is perfected. Once both tasks are completed, 013-202012 will be eliminated, and I will deal with the body post-euthanasia", Dannie was shocked, he hated this, all of this, Dannie fell into the chair as he placed his hand on his face, 'This can't be real, this can't'.

"You're going to kill-"

"Yes", Bishop just answered, staring down at the mutant in front of him as Bishop leaned against his desk, "And I advise you to quit this friendship or-", waving his hand into the air, "Whatever you called...that, anyways...", pushing himself up to his feet he walked around the desk, leaning against the surface, he turned back and moved the screen away, making sure all Dannie's focus was in that moment, but he wasn't. Dannie needed to persuade Bishop to keep Mikey alive, though he knew that would be difficult, "But Sir! Why can't we just send him away, not with his family, just-", Dannie tried to think of something, anything! Waving around his hands, trying to get the point across, "Just anywhere! But we need him alive! Even if the specimens reach maturity, the children still need him to depend on!". Dannie was desperate, begging the droid in any way possible, trying to keep the kid alive, 'He can't die! I need him!'.

"That's the point...", Bishop answered him just a short response, his expression the entire time was too calm. Dannie was confused, yet he felt terror, "What?"

"Killing 013-202012 would do great benefits with us...", waiting for the droid to explain, but Bishop just stared, scoffing moments later, "God, I thought you were one of the smart ones...", Bishop just sighed, rubbing the palm of his metallic hand over his face, pinching the bridge of his nose, "Ending his life would give us...better control over the specimens. Ridding the specimens of their father would eliminate their dependence-"