Chapter 2-She's okay

“The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.-Morrie Schwartz 

It wasn't like Jonah and I always had sex. Because we didn't. Sometimes, we really did hang out with our other friends, and of course I knew that I meant more to him than just a 'sex buddy'. I knew that we were best friends. But....

I kicked an empty pop can and watched it roll into the busy streets. The cold may air pushed my blonde hair out of my face. Slowly, I kept my steady pace towards my house. The street lights guiding me there. It wasn't long before Maria met me at the playground. 

She was sitting on her favourite swing, barely moving, not looking anywhere except at the sand beneath her feet. I sat down on the swung right beside my twin sister. She drew in a breath.

"Savanna passed out today. We had to take her to the hospital."

I gritted my teeth, the vanes on my arm started to pop out, I didn't even realize how angry I was until Maria touched my arm. "She's fine, Kas. She's okay" she said slowly letting go of my arm. 

She looked back down at the ground and I watched her, her long blonde hair covering her face. Slowly, she got up and held out her hand to me, and I took it. 

“So, when did you start having feelings for Jon?” Maria asked me, raising her eyebrows. I grimaced and looked away. She always wanted to know more about things that she really shouldn’t. 

“Not long” I said and shrugged her off. 

“You fucking liar!"

She pushed me hard onto the road, the cars beeping and the people in them yelling at me to get the fuck off the road. 

*******************************************

“Pink” Savanna said, raising a finger into the air, “Pink is the colour I want the shirt. You Me At Six is my-"

“Favourite band” we all said in unison. Savanna smiled at us all and leaned back in her hospital bed. The concert was later tonight and now that Savanna was in the hospital, she wasn’t allowed to leave.  

“Hey Savs."

A messy head of brown hair moved in front of me, blocking my view of Savanna. But I knew by the way she said their name that it was Jonah.

She started squealing and from the corner of my eye, Quinn rolled his green eyes. 

“Don’t forget, I want a pink shirt this time since last time I got a blue one and…"

The nurse pushed us out of her room. I could tell that she still didn’t have all of the Ecstasy out of her system. Which was a good thing. But a bad thing as well.

Maria’s POV

I pushed Mikey off of the couch and sat in his spot. The comfortable seat was easy to sink into. And even easier to fall asleep in.

“Mari has a boyfriend….And she hasn’t told Kasper about him!” 

Mikey put his hands on his cheeks trying to look like the painting scream. I threw myself at him, knocking him hard to the ground. My cheeks were getting hot with embarrassment. 

Kasper and I told each other everything. But this, I couldn’t tell him that Mikey and I were dating. That would mean he would be more tense about having Mikey around me.

“You dumb ass, you’re the one I’m dating” I said getting on top of him. He pulled my face down to his, his dark eyes stared back into my blue eyes. 

“And I wouldn’t want it any other way."

His lips touched mine and I leaned in closer to him, breathing in the sweet smell of the weed he just finished smoking, and the sweet taste of oranges. 

“Mikey, stop squeezing my boob!” I yelled half jokingly and moved it away. He smiled at me, and grabbed my ass instead.

Thanks for reading. Felt weird writing in a girl’s POV……oh well.

Comment and shit x)