4

Mina's POV

Entering the pawn shop has always made me feel like I'm one with the best gems. The shininess of the accessories, which almost are calling out to me that im worthy to own them as my asset.

As I casually wander around the sections, a guard keeps batting a curious eyes on me which puts me off. I ignored him, and went farthest from his creepy eyes.

"Hey welcome! What can I get for you?" A lady, who appears to be a pawnbroker says as she approaches me. 

"Oh, I want to buy the nicest gem you have. Like that ring," I looked at the pawnbroker and the way her expression changed made me wonder if I didn't put enough foundation on my face.

"Ooh..." She mumbles. "You're that woman from that circus, huh?" Her eyes looking awful at me.

I gave her a confusing gaze, "What's the problem, never seen a celebrity before?" I shrug.

"Yeah... you were cool but last night... you were so disappointing too. We paid for that failure you did," She mumbles.

I scoffed. Wow. I can't believe I just heard that. "Why does it matter now?"

"I'm sorry, oh! This shop is known for the celebrities and of course, not for faulures like you. So, I don't think you might be able to afford, given that you may have paid so lowly after that embarassing performance?" She said in a bitch tone.

"I brought money with me," I said.

"Yeah, right maybe they gave you just 3 bucks? Hahaha," She laughs pathetically and all I could do was... wow.

"Oh really?" I shake my head, unbelievable. "So you think a bitchy ass like you is equal to my elegance? You're so funny."

"We have surveillance camera. You don't want to ruin our reputation by having your face on our business," The pawnbroker says.

I breathed sharply. "Can I please just-- buy? I'm still your costumer, no matter what you perceive about me."

"Nah, I'm pretty sure you can't afford any of these." The pawnbroken consistently made my blood boil in anger.

"What a fucking joke," I sighed.

Just then, Y/n entered the pawnshop and was mesmerized by the accessories. "Wow, they're all pretty." I noticed she was carrying a bag on her arms.

"I'm leaving, I guess," I tell her, completely stressing with the way this pawnbroken is treating me.

"Why? You haven't bought anything," Y/n says.

"Apparently, I have a hater," I rolled my eyes.

Y/n grabbed my hand and talked to the rude lady. "Uhh, which one did she wanted to buy?"

"She wanted to buy this ring." She showed Y/n, the emerald gem flawless ring. "This is our finest quality. It's worth half a million,"

"Yeah, we'll buy them." Y/n said.

My eyes widened. "What?"

"S-sorry? You'll be the first ever person to purchase this gem." The lady was shocked.

"So?" Y/n confusedly say and she looked at me.

"So, did you bring half a million with you? You know how big that money is?" I asked.

"Uhh, I don't know... can you..." Y/n released her bag from her arms and put it on the counter. "It's all money in there... I actually don't know how to count money," Y/n was nonchalant, when she throws off the inside of her bag which were a big loads of bills.

"Holy shit.... it's actually more than half a million..." The lady gulps, terrified at the amount of money Y/n just throw on the counter.

"Where on earth did you get this money?" I asked. "Don't tell me you've stolen it?!"

"Uh, no, no. These are actually my money." Y/n says and she confronts the lady. "Please let me purchase the ring,"

Damn, I always knew Y/n was rich but I didn't know she had this much. What's more, she said she still has more?! And the fact that she doesn't even know how to count money... strange really strange.

I left the pawnshop after that. No way I'd be okay with her buying me ring. That's too much of a value. Y/n followed me like a tail.

"Mina? Where are you going?"

"I'm going home, Y/n. Thank you," I said.

"Take the ring," She continued following me.

"It can't be mine, Y/n. You paid for that," I say.

"You wanted it,"

I turned around, breathing heavily. "Fine, if you really insist. I'll take the ring. God, you are so weird. I'm going home." Half of my part is telling me that I'm crazy, or I was just lashing out my feelings on Y/n.

"Can't I ride you home?"

"We're not seeing each other anymore, Y/n. Just leave me alone," I say and finally, she stopped walking.

Probably... just probably because I'm portrayed as failure to everyone's eyes ever since last night, I felt to distance myself to Y/n, regardless of her kindness.

I hate this... I hate everyone.