2

Mina's POV

I grabbed my hot milk my grandpa made for me with the morning tv news on. I took a sip, completely relaxed and stress free.

"Last night on the circus show, Myoui Mina had an accident. She fell 10 feet from the ceiling when performing aerial hoop and has fractured her legs." The news on the tv said.

I sighed loudly, pretending I didn't hear that humiliation and pretending nothing had happened last night. My hand rest on the chin and lazily stir my hot milk.

"Mina, is everything alright darling?" My grandpa asked as he served a toasted butter bread to me.

"Hmm... yeah I'm fine," I nonchalantly say, taking a crunchy bite of the toasted bread.

"What about your parents?" My grandfather asked and I just laughed.

"You're better off not asking, grandpa. I mean, none of them didn't even bother going to the hospital with me. I think they went straight home," I shrugged with a slight chuckle. 

"Geez," He sighs after listening. "Well, it's a good thing that you called me,"

"You're the only one I had," I shook my head as an obvious answer and continued crunching the toast. 

I had to wonder which was wrong, to be born with a heartless parents or being born in this world.

It has been fifteen years living with my grandfather. He was supposed to raise me with grandmother but she stayed abroad.

It was a sad story to talk about, but I guess you could say that I was treated like a stray dog in the house. Actually, even worse than that. People who walked in the streets would still looked at the stray dogs as dog, but with my family, they looked at me as if it was a mistake for me to be born.

I honestly can't stand living with a family who's always looking down at me and doesn't give me what I deserve.

To be truthfully speaking, I can't say that I'm also living with peace with my grandfather. I get that my grandfather has retired from his work and is simply just an old man relaxing so I couldn't just expect him to do more for me. Rather, I'll just be glad that he is at least feeding me.

I didn't want to be a burden to my grandfather after running away from home.

Looking at the time, I slowly wore my sock and my white shoes. "By the way, I need to leave for a while, tge ringmaster wants to talk to me."

"Okay. Take care, Mina. Tell me if anything happens to you again,"

Going back to the circus had gotten a little heavy to breath. The accident did affect me than I had initially thought.

Standing in front of my ringmaster, on the stage I was supposedly to perform elegantly and perfectly last night but failed.

I was carrying the humiliation, the burden on my shoulder, and fear.

"How's your leg?" He asked calmly, a little bit of a humorous concern in his voice.

"Yeah, could barely walk." I answered him with a hint of lie and he took a shap breath after my response.

He then hit my face strongly that the whack resounded within the empty circus.

That was... painful but I couldn't show that to him. I kept my emotions and I look back at him.

"What did I fucking train you for, Mina? To embarass us?!" He scolded me.

"To be elegant," I mumble, fear that he might hit me again.

"That's fucking right, Mina. But what you just let me down. Gone is the Grace! You are fucking disappointing," His words thrashed a sharp knife into my heart deep.

And I accepted his word, knowing that it was natural for me to receive these kind of treatment. I bowed apologetically.

"I'm sorry. This won't happen again,"

"Forget it, Mina. I don't need you anymore. I can't train you and I don't want to." He frustratingly sighs and he literally gives up, then starts walking fast away from the stage.

Well, I guess I'm a nobody now.

But then, I reminisced my parent's eyes quite vividly. The whole reason why that accident happened came back to me.

Their eyes were heavily pressuring me that I forget who I am.