Strawberry Please!

I stare blankly at the folder in my hands then look up to catch Coach Carter's gaze. He's about to say something when Mrs. Carter interrupts us from the kitchen, "Kelvin, if your about finished, dinner is ready and I need your help taking the chicken out the oven. Also Zoey wash up and go get the boys to do the same please."

Coach gives Mrs. Carter a warm smile. "I'm on it Hun." I hate myself for flinching when he pats my shoulder on his way to the kitchen. I force a small smile, "Sure thing Mrs. C."

Before I can make it up the first stair to get the boys, Robbie comes racing down the stairs while yelling something incomprehensible to his mother only stopping to give me a fast hug hello. When he passes I go up the stairs to not find Jacob in the hallway. Rolling my eyes I barge into his room. For a boy's room it's pretty clean but that's because Mrs.C would have the boys by their balls if it looked like a pigsty. When I walk in Jay is at his desk playing Rollercoaster Tycoon, I'm not going to lie thats a pretty badass game. Yanking the rolling chair that Jacob is currently occupying away from the desk; Jay accidentally rips the power cord to the computer.

"Fuck", he groans. Spinning the chair to face me the scowl he had on his face disappears quickly being replaced by a shit eating grin.

"Oh hey Zoe". I roll my eyes. My name is Camila Zoey Larez, but I go by Zoey. He calls me Zoe, you know because he likes to think he's special. I mean he is special but it's not the way he's thinking.

He stops right in front of me grin still intact. Creeper much?

"Hey Jay."

"What's up?" He asks a little too enthusiast.

"Nada." I say warily.

"What do you mean nothing?" Jacob asks incredulously, his grin gone.

"Uh, exactly that. Nothing. Your dad was just asking me about school."

"And?" He prompts. And that's how I know he knows about my conversation with his dad. Because I'm an ass naturally I'm going to mess with Jay and not tell him that I agreed to being quarterback. Meaning I will be transferring from my boarding school in New York to West Reed High... Which is here. Shit. It just hit me, I'm going to have to convince mami to let me transfer to West Reed. This means explaining to an annoyingly nosy mother and a possible argument. Yeah, I know I'm probably being dramatic but that's what's going to happen.

"He just wanted to know how school went this past year and how I was doing. Tu sabes."

"Thats all you guys talked about?"

"Yeah, pretty much."

Jacob is about to reply when Talisha; Jay's mom calls.

"Zoey? Jacob? Dinner is ready.... Now!"

Looking suspiciously at me Jay grabs my hand and drags me down the stairs. Walking in the dining room Jacob and I take our seats; me being next to Robbie and Jacob sitting next to his Aunt Lisa across from us. Coach and Talisha taking the head seats. Looking upon the dining table makes my mouth water and induces a growl from my stomach. Talisha went all out making roasted potatoes, a roasted chicken, green beans and brushette garnished with herbed tomatoes. Yum.

After saying grace everyone serves themselves and starts eating. A few minutes into dinner conversations starts up; Robbie starts talking to his mom while Coach and his sister Lisa start talking. Me being me and Jacob being Jacob; we ignore both conversations and just continue eating.

Cono "You mother Fu..." Looking up I glare at Jacob who just kicked me.

"What the hell was that for you Jackass?" I hiss at him.