Chapter 7 I'M BACK

Beep, beep, beep. The heart monitor's sound irritated her, "That was annoying," she thought to herself. It had been a few days since she was last found; the time read "2:30 am." She couldn't get a wink of sleep, looking around at the boring, dimly lit hospital room. Checking her phone camera, her face appeared discolored and pale. Taking three deep breaths, she whispered, "Inhale, exhale. Inhale, exhale. Inhale, exhale." Nothing changed; she still felt awful. Glancing at her severed finger, she laid back, thinking, "What the heck has my life come to?" She sighed, closing her eyes, sinking into the peacefulness of the dark.

Emma sat on his bed, close to his knees, close to his chest. His mind lingered on the day of the party — the gunshot, the blood splatter, and everybody's horrified faces. A tear dripped from his eye. The somber silence was interrupted by a FaceTime call from "Jenny?" He picked up the call; silence lingered for a few seconds. "Can we discuss the elephant in the room?" Jenny scoffed. "YOU!" Emma shouted back. Silence. "But seriously, can we discuss what happened at the party?" Emma asked in a stressful tone. "I don't wanna talk about that," Jenny said sternly. "It's in the past, and I want to keep it there. Plus, my name is in the clear for it." Jenny sighed. "I mean, I guess," Emma sighed back. "We have school tomorrow." Emma said, "SO GOODNIGHT," yelling before Jenny could say anything.

The friend group walked into school, silence still among them due to what happened at the party. They sat at their designated lunch table, and Bertha opened her mouth to speak, but the bell interrupted her.

Jenny walked up to her Biology class, staring down at her phone and looking through her Instagram feed. "OH, SHIT!" she yelled as she crashed into some guy. "My bad," he smiled at her. "No, you're all good," she said, attempting to cover the redness in her face. She scurried into her class and practically ran to her seat, putting her backpack in the empty seat next to her, still thinking about what happened. "OKAY, CLASS, SETTLE DOWN!!!" Mrs. McThin shouted. "Nobody was talking," a student shouted back. "Anyways, we have a new student. Please welcome Cash," Mrs. McThin said, pushing him to speak. "Um, Hi... My name is Cash. That's it," he said awkwardly with a slight wave. "You'll be sitting right next to Jenny there," Mrs. McThin said, pointing to the seat next to her.

Jenny hurried to move her backpack off the seat. Cash walked over and took a seat. Cash whispered, "Aren't you the girl I bumped into this morning?" "Um, yeah. Again, sorry about that," Jenny whispered back, embarrassed.

30 minutes into the lesson, Jenny was doodling in her notebook, not paying attention at all. "JENNY!" Mrs. McThin yelled. "What is salinity in water?" Mrs. McThin asked. Jenny blinked in confusion. "Um, I don't—" Before Jenny could continue, Cash leaned over sideways and whispered, "It's how much salt is dissolved in water." Jenny yelled out, "How much salt is dissolved in water?" Mrs. McThin giggled and thought to herself, "My students are so smart." "CORRECT!!" She yelled and continued her lesson. Jenny slid Cash a sticky note saying, "Thank you!!" with a sketch of her smiling before Cash could write back. The intercom then yelled, "Jenny, please come down to the principal's office."

TO BE CONTINUED...

Note: Sorry for the boring chapter, but be glad I'm back. It's been almost 9 months; I'm sobbing 😭😭. I apologize for not updating at all, but "NMS Liars" will contain 10 chapters. Afterward, there will be a new book called "MFHS Liars: Secrets Uncovered." THAT'S IT, THOUGH. THANK YOU SO MUCH! 😘