Chapter 1 First Day Back

I woke up with a throbbing headache as my alarm rang at 5:30 am. I squinted my eyes; the glare of my phone almost blinded me. "Fuckk," Emma groaned. You can tell I really don't want to go to high school. "Juuustt 5 more mintuessss," Emma said as he buried his face into his satin pillow. "WAKE YOUR ASS UP!" Emma's mom shouted as she bursted into his room. "YES MA'AM," Emma sobbed as he ran to the bathroom and had a long 20-minute shower.

"Here we go again babes, back in the 180-day loop," I sighed annoyingly. I grabbed my Nicki Minaj cleanser. "One Nicki Minaj facial a day keeps the pimples away. Purrr," I smirked as I flipped my invisible hair. I rinsed my face with lukewarm water, but it brought back memories—the ones I hate remembering.

I dried my face with a washcloth and applied lip gloss and lashes with subtle blush. "DAMNNN I'm pretty as fuck!" I yelled. "Don't get ahead of yourself, honey." Mother yelled back. I gasped in response. "Mom, shut up.." I said as we both giggled.

I checked my phone. The time read 6:12 am. "18 more minutes left until the bus comes." I sob in my head. I threw on my juicy track suit with a white belly shirt under and a pair of white Air Forces as well. I snatched a pair of magnetic earrings and brought it close to my ear– snap. I did the same thing to the other ear. I put on a butterfly necklace and a pink fur bucket hat.

"Not me being the best-dressed in school, PERIOD!" I shouted. I grabbed my pink backpack, but before I walked out the door, I said, "Love you, mom!" "Love you too, hun!" she yelled back. My phone vibrated in my pocket. It's a text from Charlotte Blackberry. It read, 'HURRY UP GIRL WE'RE ALMOST AT YOUR STOP MONKEY'.

Charlotte shut off her phone once she noticed that it now said 'read'. She pressed play on her playlist while looking out the window. Darkness filled the sky as the only light source was the luminosity of the moon, the glare of stars, and the dimly lit street lights. As she was about to soak in the glamorous scenery, the bus came to a full stop. She looked up to see—

"EMMA!" She yelled. "OH MY GOSH, CHARLOTTE HEYYY!!" He yelled back. He walked over to her seat, and as he sat down, Charlotte gave Emma the biggest hug ever. "O-M-G! I MISSED YOU SOOOO MUCH!" she said, gushing over how good he looked. "AHHH STOPPP! Enough of me, look at you, that outfit! It complements your features soo well," he said, admiring her outfit.

They talked non-stop until the bus stopped again. Charlotte and I both looked up. "Bitch.. Is that Karter?" I say under my breath. "Yes, girl.." She said while covering her mouth. We both slowly turned our heads towards each other, trying to hold in our laughter. We side-eyed him walking to the back of the bus. When he finally sat down, we burst out in laughter. "I can't believe Elizabeth liked him!" I scoffed. "Anyways, enough of that jumpscare." Charlotte said annoyingly. They talked for another 20 minutes until they finally pulled up to high school.

"I'm really not ready for Junior year.." sighed Charlotte. "Same, but at least we made it through Freshman and Sophomore year!" cheered Emma. They finally got off the bus as the summer air breezed on their skin. "Let's head inside girl," Emma exclaimed. Emma grabbed her hand as they walked inside. Their eyes lit up to see Bethany, Jacob, Kaite, Melina, Melissa, Elizabeth, Jenny, and Candy. They all ran towards each other and they all gave each other a huge group hug "I missed you all sooo muchh!" sobbed Katie as she basked in the moment.

"I'm lowkey kinda hungry, y'all wanna go to breakfast?" Melina asked. "YESS! I'M STARVING!" cried Jacob. We all walked side by side, and let me tell you– GLOW UP WAS AN UNDERSTATEMENT! We sat at the lunch table while Jacob and Melina got something from the cafeteria. I took my phone out of my bag while the others caught up. Then we all got a notification. Silence filled the table as they all slowly took out their phones. "What the fuck is a Downfall?" Melina said in annoyance. "I think it's an app?" said Emma. "Well no duh, bitch!" Candy scoffed. "Shut the fuck up real quick. Read the description." Kaite ushered.

"Downfall: the app where all your deepest darkest secrets, dramas, etc. are exposed. Watch out, I know everyone and everything, No one is safe. The first secret will be out in 3 minutes 8 seconds" Emma read in a fearful voice. They all looked around with fearful expressions. It felt like an hour had passed, then the silence was interrupted with the notification sound. They all picked up their phones to see a notification from Downfall. I looked at Elizabeth to see a tear rolling down her face...

TO BE CONTINUED....

CREDITS: kaiisthesun