Chapter 17

⋆˚✿˖°

⋆˚✿˖°

Timeskip - One Month Later

"Thank you for inviting Athy to tea," Athanasia said, holding her skirt up cutely. The maids, Felix and Ambrosine, were fangirling over how cute Athanasia looked. Athanasia thought to herself, "How's that? Aren't I cute? I even practiced how to look cuter!"

Claude stood there emotionlessly and said, "Felix."

Felix replied, "Yes, Your Majesty?" as he helped Athanasia sit on the chair. Athanasia thought, "Hmph. Fine, what was I expecting anyway?"

Ambrosine said, "That was really great, Athy. I am proud of you."

Athanasia replied, "Thank you, sis." She thought to herself, "Sis, you are really an angel."

Athanasia greeted her father in the morning, saying, "Good morning, Papa." It was currently 10 am, and about a month ago, Claude had changed the tea time to the early morning. Claude used to call Athanasia in the afternoon.

"A dream?" Claude asked when Athanasia mentioned her dream about Papa and sis.

"Athy was with Papa and sis, and Lily and Felix. And we went to pick stars and moon and had fun," Athanasia explained.

"That's a weird dream..." Claude remarked, but Athanasia thought to herself, "Watch your mouth."

"Athy was happy Athy got to play with Papa and sis" Athanasia added, deciding to stop speaking as she was getting confused with her words and focused on eating the cake.

Athanasia noticed that the maid serving them was looking at her, probably because they had never seen anyone besides Ambrosine having tea with Claude. Ambrosine kept the teacup she was holding hard on the table, making a strong 'clink' sound, which caused everyone to feel her dark aura. Ambrosine can be all smiley, but she is still Claude's daughter after all.

The maid poured lippe tea into Ambrosine's cup and ran away, clearly scared. Athanasia thought to herself, "So sis can be this scary too? I should not get onto her bad side." Ambrosine noticed that Claude was spacing out and was about to reach out her hand, but she stopped when Athanasia asked, "Papa, sis, is that good?" She was referring to the lippe tea that Claude and Ambrosine were drinking.

"It's not enjoyed for its taste" Claude replied.

Athanasia asked, "Athy wants what Papa and sis are having."

Ambrosine said, "It might be too strong for you, Athy."

Athanasia insisted, "I want, I want the same one."

Claude finally relented, saying, "Let her have it. If she wants it, I won't stop her." Then Athanasia was given lippe tea in a teacup. Athanasia thought to herself, "I did think it smelled nice, and I was right!"

Athanasia exclaimed, "Athy likes it too! It feels like flowers are blooming inside Athy's mouth!" Claude and Felix's eyes widened in shock, while Ambrosine choked on her tea and started coughing. Claude patted her back and wiped her mouth with a kerchief, his expression unreadable. Athanasia thought, "What's with this reaction?"

Felix said, "I see you have taken a liking to it. It's called lippe tea. His Majesty and Her Highness enjoy it as well."

Ambrosine thought, "Stop it, Felix."

Felix continued, "And Lady Diana also liked it, and she said the exact same thing you just said while drinking the tea."

Athanasia glanced at Claude, who was still helping Ambrosine. Athanasia said, "Mommy said the same thing as Athy?"

Felix replied, "Yes, Lady Diana was the reason His Majesty and Her Highness started to enjoy lippe tea. Lippe tea's main ingredient, sanyu, only comes from Siodonna. And-"

Felix was cut off by Claude, who coldly said, "I don't have such memories." Claude glared at Felix and said, "You are surprisingly chatty today. You are being too loud. Leave us."

Felix said, "Blessings and glory upon the Obelian Empire," and left. Athanasia thought, "Huh? So she is just a girl, you know? What a jerk."

Unlike Athanasia, Ambrosine could clearly see through Claude's emotions. Ambrosine said, "Papa."

Claude looked at her, and Ambrosine extended her hands to him, saying, "I want to sit on your lap."

Claude understood what she was doing and picked her up, making her sit on his lap, facing him with her back facing Athanasia. Claude held her close to him, and Ambrosine snuggled into his neck, hugging him tightly. Claude looked at Athanasia and said, "You are still too young for tea. It would be best if you drink milk..."

Athanasia said, "Athy likes milk too."

˚✿˖°

Author: Its been a while I apologize for not updating as I was busy with exams and assignments Now I am back, I would like to thank you for all the votes and reads you have given Thank you so much I am really grateful to you all