The police station

When we got to the police station we were led into a room with a table. Simon and I sat down next to each other. My mom and Linda were also there. The lawyer. Her name was Anneli. And two people from the police were seated in front of us. Their eyes were on me and Simon. I felt something build up in my chest. It was anxiety. I tried to breathe in and out. Stay calm. Simon noticed something being off. That I did not feel well. I felt his hand reach for mine under the table. His hand squeezed mine, gently. Just to tell me I was not alone. Simon was there. He had always been there. No matter what. It did not matter that I had rejected him before. Told lies to the media. He had not left.

"Would the Crown prince like to begin to tell us why you are here today?" a policeman with dark glasses said. His hair was grey. I wondered how many people he had questioned in this room.

"We are here to report a video that was leaked of me and Simon last semester," I said. "It was...it was my second cousin August who did it." August should be in prison for what he did. I hoped that this would have him end up there. That Simon was right. That we could win this together.

"What was the video off?" the other police woman asked. Her hair was coloured red.

"It was filmed through my bedroom window," I said. "Simon and I were in bed together."

"What Wille is trying to say is that August filmed us through Wille's window when we were having sex," Simon said. I looked at my mother. She was not used to someone as outspoken as Simon. She would have to get used to that. Simon said as it was, without making things more complicated than they had to be. And I had the intention to keep him in my life for a long time.

"Are you sure it is the crown prince in the video?" the policeman with the glasses asked. Simon looked at me and then the policeman.

"Yes," he replied. He seemed a bit annoyed being questioned if it was me. Because it was me. He was there and he knew what we did that night. There was no chance that it was someone else.

"It is me. Simon is my boyfriend, so it better not be someone else kissing him in my bedroom," I said. "I denied it was me in the video in the media. But it was me."

"Why did you deny it was you in the video?" the man asked.

"Because I told Wilhelm to do it," my mother said. "I thought that I protected Wilhelm and Simon that way. But I was wrong." The police looked at each other for a moment. I looked at my mom. Did she just confess to not be perfect? Wicked. This world was wicked. I had never heard my mom apologise for anything. Never confessing that what she thought was best was not always the best thing to do. Until now.

"Did any of you realise you were filmed?" the police woman asked. Both Simon and I shook our heads.

"No," Simon said.

"Did you see when August released the tape?" the man asked.

"No. But Simon's sister saw August sit at the computer the video was leaked from the night it was leaked," I said. The police woman wrote something in her notepad.

"And do you have any other evidence it is August?" the man asked.

"There are dead pixels in August's camera and the photos on his instagram have the same dead ones as the video of us," Simon said. "And he confessed it was him in front of the boys at lunch a few days ago."

"And August confessed that it was him when I confronted him about it after it came to my knowledge that he was the one who likely did it," I filled in.

"And how did it come to your knowledge?" the woman asked.

"My friend Felice took it upon herself to figure it out. She wanted to help me and Simon and she did not want Simon or his sister Sara to transfer schools because of what had happened," I replied.