4• Family planning

I never expect this much surprise in one day.

Waking up next to Dávonte who spoons me for the entire night.

He told me he was leaving to head to work, to the farm.

Before then, he took me down the hall where his son was asleep and asked if I could watch him until he returns.

I first thought I was here to babysit, but then remembered that he'll be returning quickly as he doesn't stay in one place for too long.

One thing I know is that he won't have me playing step mother and thinks that I'll just take it. I'm not even his woman so I was quick to dismiss that thought.

It was in the process of scouting his kitchen that I could gather some ingredients and make breakfast.

I was hungry, and it's not like I could find my parents house. I barely know where I'm at.

Halfway into preparation, I was greeting by Ajani. The exact replica of Dávonte except for the chubby cheeks though they both shared two deep dimples.

Dem just handsome suh.

Him mada lucky eh.

He's great company as he even helped me cook and wasn't nosey as my little cousins.

I told him I'm his father's friend, but after Dávonte came and kissed my head, his son kept staring as if I've lied to him.

So when his dad returned and I gave him his breakfast, his son spoke. "Who is Miss Ashanni to you, Daddy?"

I just love how he has manners and is polite.

He smiles as he finished chewing what's left in his mouth. "She's going to be my wife."

If my heart could beat any faster, it would.

I just stood there staring at him, but he kept eating.

"She's the love of your life, that you were telling me about?" Ajani asks and Dávonte nods. "The one I'm named after?"

"Yes."

So he knew.

Ajani's smile widens. "I love her too Daddy, she's funny and she cooks sweet."

I ended up blushing, whispering a small thanks before cleaning the counter.

Mih really don't know how to feel.

I don't know what type of game he's playing with me but it won't work.

The closest I've been with this man is through sex. Even the little head kisses.

It was just recently when we started, or he wanted us to stop using condoms.

I knew deep down that contraptions was a must so I had to stack up on plan B's.

Now I'm hearing all this, it's giving me an headache.

Throwing down the dish towel, I walked out.

"Queen, yuh good?" He called.

I rolled my eyes and kept my mouth shut.

"Duh yuh thing King, or gwaan play a video game till mih fawud." He told his son.

I walked up the stairs and returned to the primary bedroom that looks more like he doesn't live here.

I sat on the bed and stares at the door, meeting his eyes the second he enters.

"Wahm'n?"

"Please bringing mih home." I said.

"Okay." He laughs, walking towards the duffle bag he brought last night with my clothes and necessities inside. "Wih go mek a stop first."