The Cowboy: pt 1

3rd POV

In an old tavern, far, far, far away from any civilization, where the people were still living in the old days. No electricity, no cars, no phones, nothing, just an old tavern, where an old man sat and talked. He had a long white beard, old and worn-out clothing on, and a cowboy hat.

In his hand was a glass, filled with whiskey and a little bit of ice. He slowly drank that glass like he had all the time in the world, and to some of the people sitting in the old and worn-out tavern, he looked like an old soul, waiting for death to take him. However, no one knew of his tale, but many knew that he had a story, one waiting to be told.

So, one man entered the bar, with no story to tell, but wanting to try and find some peace in his life and when he saw the old man sitting at the bar, he decided to join him. When the man approached the older man, he smiled and sat down to the right of the old man, not uttering a word, but the old man started to tell a tale. One of the times long, long ago, one... that very few remembered or even tried to tell the next generation. You may wonder why no one told this story, well, it's because of how dark this story is.

The old man started to speak with the younger man and his story sent chills down the young man's spine.