Preparing For Battle

Hours went by before Jaune returned to team JNPR's dorm room with a bandage over his nose, and some ice for his other bruises.

"So, what was the end result?"inquired Nora, as soon as she saw her fearless leader come through the door.

"A week of detention...Man, that professor Goodwitch is really pretty, but she's scary when she's mad."said Jaune while he was making his way towards his bed.

"I'm surprise you're taking it with such Grace."said Ren, who had a feeling that his friend would have argued against his attention or something.

"I got into a fight with students in the cafeteria, there's no changing that. The good news is that team CRDL got a month of detention for discriminating against Velvet, just because she's a Faunus."said Jaune, who remembered the professor really chewing into Cardin and his cohorts for bullying someone just because they were different.

"Thank goodness. I can't stand people like him."said Pyrrha, who was glad that her teammate and partner stood up for the right thing.

"Hey, Pyrrha. Can we go outside and talk"said Jaune, motioning for the red hair to follow him.

"Oh... of course."said Pyrrha, before she stood up and followed Jaune out of the team dorm room.

"What do you think he's up to?"asked Nora, who's mine was coming up with several scenarios, some of them inappropriate for younger like Ruby to understand.

"Nora, get those dirty thoughts out of your mind."said Ren, who knew his childhood friend well enough by now to know what she was thinking.

"Oh boo!"said Nora, as Ren always has to steam roll over her fun.

Meanwhile, on the roof of the first year dorm room, Jaune and Pyrrha quickly made their way to the safe part of the roof, where they could see a full view of the shattered Moon.

"Wow, this Moon is pretty."said Jaune, although he preferred the moon back in the Pokemon world.

"What do you want, Jaune?"asked Pyrrha, as she knows her partner well enough to know that he called her out here for a different reason, not just to look at the Moon.

"I need you to unlock my Aura."said Jaune, surprising his partner.

"But you said you didn't need it."said Pyrrha, who had offered to unlock his Aura earlier but he had refused.

"Well... that was before the things with team CRDL went down. I'm sure after what happened, they're going to be gunning after me and my Pokemon. I can't hold my Pokemon back. And I just can't hide behind them. This Aura thing of yours gives you guys superhuman strength and endurance. Now, I'm a stubborn guy and I can take a punch or two. But the next time they'll be gunning for me, they'll be using their weapons and I can't exactly avoid all of them. So I need any advantage I can acquire."said Jaune, who was reasonable enough to swallow his pride and admit that he needed Aura.

"I'm just glad you're willing to realize that you need to get stronger. Your Pokemon can only get you so far here on Remnant, you need to improve yourself as well."said Pyrrha, before she walked over and touched Jaune's cheeck.

"Now close your eyes and concentrate."said Pyrrha, which Jaune thought was weird.

"Oh..okay."said Jaune, before he did as Pyrrha instructed

"For it is in passing that we achieve immortality. Through this, we become a paragon of virtue and glory to rise above all. Infinite in distance and unbound by death. I release your soul, and by my shoulder, protect thee."said Pyrrha, which made both Jaune and her start glowing, before she stopped blowing and looked to be extremely tired.

"Pyrrha?"inquired Jaune with worry.

"It's alright. I used my Aura to unlock yours, but the energy that protects you now is your own."said Pyrrha, before she noticed Jaune's injuries begin to dissipate.

"You have a lot of it."said Pyrrha, who sounded impressed, while Jaune took the large bandage off of his nose as it no longer hurts.

"Wow..."said Jaune, as he was impressed by the results of unlocking his aura.

"I'm used to sparring with all kinds of Pokemon using nothing but my bare hands. But this, this is something entirely different from anything I could have ever have imagined."said Jaune, who was checking himself out before, he stopped glowing.

"Wow."said Jaune, before he completely stop glowing.

"Now, what was the real reason you needed your aura unlocked?"inquired Pyrrha, as she had a feeling there was something else.

"Hehe, I can't get anything past you, partner."said Jaune."The main reason I wanted my aura unlocked is that that jerk Cardin challenged me to a one-on-one tomorrow during combat class. I know guys like him will keep gunning for me unless I put them in their place, so I need to pull out all the stops and use any advantage I can to win. Except cheating...Nemona would literally kick my ass if she caught me cheating."said Jaune, knowing that his friend back home would not tolerate any of that nonsense.

"Nemona. What kind of person is she? asked Pyrrha, wanting to know about this friend her partner keeps mentioning.

"Well she's friendly and a complete battle crazy maniac! Everytime we would meet, she would say 'Fight me, Jaune!' That was her thing, because of that she was really, really strong. You know, you remind me of a lot about her as you're both incredibly strong, something I'm guessing took a lot of natural talent and hard work to achieve."said Jaune, making Pyrrha blush.

"Thank...you.."said Pyrrha, as this was the first time someone complimented all the hard work she puts into her training.

"Now how about we go back to the dorm room and you show me a few pointers on how to successfully dodge weapons, since that seems to be your thing."said Jaune, as he's noticed that Pyrrha's fighting style seems to revolve around avoiding her enemies attacks before she counters.

"Of course... although I'm going to have to spruce it up a bit since you don't have a weapon and you rely on techniques like judo and wrestling."said Pyrrha, no she will have to change up her pointers if she wanted to fit Jaune's current battling style.

"Makes sense."said Jaune, before he had Pyrrha left the roof.

"So you think you can take me on, let's see how tough you are, Arc."said Cardin, with veins popping out of his forehead.

He had been on the roof the whole time and had overheard the conversation Jaune had with his partner. This pissed him off, as Jaune was now on equal ground with him... and that was something his pride couldn't accept.

Now he must teach this nobody who got accepted into Beacon for his stupid pets a lesson he will never forget!

Jaune Arc's Team

Crocalor [Male]

Tinkatuff [Female]

Staravia [Male]

Flaaffy [Male]

Ogerpon [Female]

Arctibax [Male]

Koraidon [?]

Short chapter, but it was only to be filler for the next chapter to come.