Lost and Found

It was the second Wizarding War and more people were going missing every day. "I love you," she whispered looking one last time at her parents. They would be safer if they never knew she existed. This is a war. Obliviate

~

Her throat was raw from screaming. Her arm throbbed. A tear slipped down her face as she stared at that dark ornate ceiling with glittering chandeliers. She closed her eyes and pictured her parents safe and happy. A lump began to form in her throat. Oh how much she wished she really was without magic. 

Crash!

Her lids felt sluggish from fatigue until cold hands grabbed her. A chandelier had fallen and shattered across the floor of the Malfoy manor. Crystal shards glitter over the floor like shards of ice. Her eyes found the face of the cold hands and she found herself face to face with Draco Malfoy. "When did you become so heroic?" She spat, trying desperately to ignore the pounding in her head and the black around her vision. 

"The moment I saved you from being crushed, Granger!" He growled back. 

Her knees began to buckle as the shouting began to louden. "Get them!" A cruel high pitch voice screamed. The black swimming in her vision almost drowned her. Arms held her tighter. She grunted out, "I didn't ask you to do that." 

"Well," He sighs, "That must suck then." 

"Get away from her!" Ron yelled, "Now!" He had his wand pointed at Draco with fire in his eyes. 

Draco grabbed his wand for it to be thrown from his hand and into none other than Harry Potter's. He cursed but had no other choice but to let her go. Hermione nearly fell to the floor before Ron decided to reach for her. They rushed to the stupid house elf that used to serve Draco's family. Then they were gone, leaving Draco standing in the midst of broken crystal and screaming. 'Please don't kill my mother' he thought with desperation, 'please don't kill me'. 

~

Authors note: This isn't really a one shot, I'm trying to get back into writing as most of these were written wayyyy before I posted them. I'd like to add more to this later, but I hope you enjoy it for now. It is not nearly as fluffy as the other ones, but I hope it still gives some butterflies. It is based on a writing prompt I found on Pinterest so I don't want to take total credit for this.