Obsidian X Cobblestone

Obsidian POV

I took a deep breath as the forest came into view. Even in my older age, the forest gave me the creeps.

Something about how the trees loomed over you, leaves smothering any possible light.

But that was the last thing on my mind right now. I needed to find cobblestone and make things right.

The path to the village was clear, worn down, and obvious with use.

Steeling himself, he ventured into the dark.

Cobblestone's POV

The village was quiet, and I felt my muscles relax.

The familiar sight of the worn-down stone wall me and furnace used to play pretend with was comforting, and I sat myself beside it, my head falling against its mossy exterior.

He was just so tired.

I wish things had never changed between me and Obsidian. Then we would still be sitting under the birch tree, talking and laughing together.

That was all over now, and he needed to accept that.

He's not sure how much time passed before he heard leaves crunching, and an all too familiar voice.

Obsidian's POV

"Cobblestone! Cobblestone! I know you're here! I need to explain things."

I yelled into the village, hoping I wasn't just yelling at empty air.

A moment passed before I heard a response.

"What is there to explain?"

A flood of relief washed over me, thank god he was here.

"A lot, actually. I'm sorry I kissed you so suddenly earlier. I got... carried away."

"No kidding."

I rounded a wall and saw Cobblestone sitting there, knees tucked up against his chest and his chin resting on top.

"What you saw in the nether was a mistake. I haven't talked to quartz in years, and I had no idea they would kiss me."

Something flashed across his face briefly before he looked up at me.

"Really?"

I nod

"Cobblestone I love you. I think you're the most amazing block in the whole world. Hell, in all the realms!"

He took a deep breath, not daring to look at cobblestone.

"I think you're so handsome and funny it makes my chest hurt, and I never thought in a million years that you could feel the same about me. If... if you could forgive me, then I'd like to spend the rest of my life with you."

He could feel his eyes growing wet, and he chanced a look at the object of his affections.

To his surprise, Cobblestone was gazing up at him, eyes wide and full of tears. His lips were quivering, and his face was red.

Before he could say anything Cobblestone lept up from where he sat and pulled Obsidian into a clashing kiss.

Their teeth knocked, and Obsidian thought that he may have busted his lip, but it was the most amazing kiss he had ever had.

"I love you too."

Cobblestone replies after some time.

I only smiled and held him close.

"Furnace and Crafting table will never let us live this one down."

I laugh

"No they won't."

But I wasn't worried about that right now. All I cared about was cobblestone, and the contour of his shoulders in my arms.

THE END