9.

KAY
-

Ever since me and Nell split, me and Glory been hanging out a lot more. It's been about 3 weeks since then.

I miss Nell a lot. We still talk time to time and she seems to be doing well so I'm happy for her.

Me and Glory kinda had to have a talk though....

"Glory look, you're my girl and all but you gotta chill with the comments on Nell. You know imma always have love for her" I said as I braided down her hair. I was getting her ready to put on a lace.

"I can't help it...cause why would she do that. If she knew deep down she still have love for that Emina girl she shoulda left you out of it. I don't like it" she shrugged.

"It's honestly complicated. Her and Emina had a messy past and honestly the way they interacted with each other back then, you could tell how much they liked each other. Except for what caused them to split up." I parted her hair for the last braid.

"hmmm I don't know. I'm sure she loved you but I just think like, there was no reason for anyone to get hurt. And from what you be telling me, Emina sound like a jackass. Dragging those girls along. Emina sound like the real mess. Nell shouldn't be with her either...."

I wish she would stop tryna disrespect them on the low and she don't even know them like that.

"Everybody has the problems. Emina had a reason as to why she was the way she was, not a valid reason, but it's a reason. Before that reason came into play, she really was a sweet girl. And Nell is probably just what she needs."- i started to pin the braids up-"Nell is a calm person, and for the time we've been together, yeah we've made each other upset, but not once has she ever even fixed herself to raise her voice or be aggressive with me. She's gentle and Emina needs that." I put the bald cap on her head and started trimming it.

"I like that you're so sweet about it. But Imma be mad for you. Cause you ain't deserve none of that bullshit."

I was standing in front her while trimming the lace.

"Glory I swear it's okay. Some family's function messy, and that's me and mine. Yeah it's a mess but they family" i shrugged. Glory grabbed my waist, pulling me to sit on her lap.

"Kay you really ain't deserve none of that. I get that you love them, but that don't make shit right. You were collateral damage in their fucked up situation. I don't know. You too sweet to be dealing with some bullshit like that.." she looked me in my eyes.

"I know it's not my fault. And don't be grabbing me up like that"

"You know you like it" she wrapped her arms around my waist and had a sexy smirk on her face.

"Girl please. Let me finish this lace" i stood back up. "Yea so you can have something to pull on later" she said under her breath.

"Glory shut the fuck up" I laughed. She wasn't totally wrong...

Emina.
-

Nell is sleep, she talking about some she doesn't feel good. Took her temp and the nigga got a fever of 103°.

The rag on her head was losing its coolness so I went to wet it. When I came back Nell was trying to sit up.

"Nah nigga lay down. You don't have no typa energy to be doing none of that" I said trying to place the rag on her head and lay her down.

"Emina please bro. I don't wanna lay here all day" she said tiredly. "No. Don't even sit here and try to argue." I said immediately after.

"If your fever goes up anymore I'm taking you the emergency room. As long as I've known you I ain't never seen you sick. This shit is scary." i said as I laid down beside her.

I tried to get her to eat but she couldn't do it, so I tried tea instead. She drank some of it but not all of it.

"Can you think of anything that might help you right now?"

"Not really. Imma just try to sleep. You don't have to stay here all day if you don't want to, I don't wanna get you sick" she pulled the blanket up to her neck.

"I'm gonna stay here until you feelin better, that's it that's all"

-
sorry for the slow updates and short chapters. i haven't forgot about yall i swear!