2

I stepped out to the balcony when I took the call. Before I could even say she started talking.

"Kaiya slow down and start from the beginning, Im confused" , I was concerned.

"So I don't know if you know but Emina is still worried bout you and she ain't been taking shit well ever since y'all stopped talking. I don't know what happened but she spiraled and got hammered last night and she's in the hospital with alcohol poisoning. I was just wondering if you and Kay would come talk her down. I'm all she has right now but I don't think her hearing anything from me would make a difference.."

Far as I heard, after Emina's ex came in town to fuck shit up and left, Emina and Kaiya was messing around again, the new Eliza. Speaking of, I haven't heard shit about Liz though.
(eliza is a side character in another story im working on🤭)

"I'm really not sure that's a good idea and Kay probably definitely wouldn't be comfortable with that. Hopefully she feels better though." I say as walk back inside looking for Kay.

"Just talk to her about it and if y'all end up wanting to talk to her, she's at NS Hospital...bye" she hung up.

I couldn't find Kay anywhere though. I picked up Judo and walked around the house. She was upstairs in our empty bedroom.

"Hey Kaiya called me.." I said as I walked in. "Really? For what?" she turned around looking concerned. "Well.. apparently Emina is in the hospital"

"This sounds bitchy but what does that have to do with you? or me?"

"Kaiya said she's been stuck on the time we shared and the other night she 'spiraled and got hammered' and wanted to know if me and you would talk to her"

".........." there was just silence. she gave me a look and walked out. I didn't chase her, decided to give her some breathing space.

I called Aniya. My favorite cousin of course.

*RING
*RING
*RING

Aniya: "wassup with you? it's been a minute"

Nell: "Mann tell me why it's already some drama starting for no reason. Emina been tryna spin the block a second time, Kay ain't having non of it, and apparently Emina is back in the hospital, least that's what Kaiya said-"

Aniya: "It seem like ever since you started fucking with them there's some bs. That night turned your whole life around. Harsh advice but cut them all off."

Nell: "You probably right bout cutting them off but that would include Kay, I like her too much. However Kay comes with them....i don't know. But how are you and Keem?"

Aniya: "I been meaning to tell you... I'm pregnant. Me and Keem are having a baby."

Nell: "You're lying."

Aniya: "I'm deadass. We weren't making too much of a big deal, keeping shit lowkey I'm 3months along. We just found out the gender last week. We're having a girl"

Nell: "Well im happy for you niy, any name ideas?"

Aniya: "actually yeah, she's named after someone real special. Her name is Janell."

Nell: "...what?" I could feel my face warming up

Aniya: "You're not just my favorite cousin but probably my favorite person in general. You're more like a sister to me anyway, so you're officially an aunt in my opinion."

Nell: "I love you Aniya, Imma try and pull through later. This made my day"

Aniya: "Love you too, i'll talk to you later"