08.

chapter eight. the one who got away

"i can't believe they would do this."
🔪☎️🔪

"hey, hey maddie

"hey, hey maddie." a soft hand pats my face aggressively.

"w-what?" i mumble, eyes adjusting to the light.

"hey baby." i open my eyes completely to see dewey, gale, and randy towering over me. i was still in the foyer of the macher house.

dewey leans down and helps me sit up. my eyes widen in horror at the sight of my brother and best friend dead. "i can't believe they would do this." dewey says quietly, referring to my brother and stu.

"no."

"hey kid, you gotta stop moving around or you'll rip your stitches." dewey's voice makes me look down at my expertly sewn stitches.

"what happened?" my soft voice fills the house.

"stu and billy killed sid and almost killed you too. we woke up in time to fight them off and eventually kill them. i'm so sorry." randy's soothing voice calmed me as he ran his fingers up and down my arm.

"let's get you outta here kid." gale smiles, grabbing under my armpits, dewey doing the same on his side, and randy holds my back as they lead me out of the house. that's when it hit me like a freight train.

i'm the luckiest person on this planet.

not only did i get away with mass murder, the people i attempted to kill didn't even know that it was me and they killed my accomplices. i didn't get out with a few scars. we stop in the doorway to give me a break to breath before i turn around and smirk, looking back into the house as the door slams shut behind me, sealing away my biggest fears, regrets, and accomplishments in a sea of blood, tears, and bodies.

i am madeleine loomis.

im a psychopath.

i'm a serial killer.

and i'm the luckiest damn girl on this planet.

and i will forever keep this night in my mind, guiding me through the dark patches of my life, no matter how hard they may seem.