00.

prologue. all fun and games

"𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐞?"

🔪 ☎️ 🔪

"hey case, im gonna run upstairs real quick!" madelaine calls from the front staircase

"ok, i'll be making the popcorn!" casey responds with a yell before going back to the living room.

the phone rings, which casey gravitates over to, picking it up from the receiver.

"hello?" she asks.

"hello?"

"yes?"

"who is this?" a peculiar male voice asks from the other line.

"who are you trying to reach?" the girl asks, finger wrapped in the cord of the phone.

"what number is this?" the voice asks once again.

"well what number are you trying to reach?"

"i don't know."

"well i think you have the wrong number." the blonde responds, ready to end the call.

"do i?"

"it happens, take it easy." she places the phone back on the receiver, taking two steps before the phone rings again. she walks back over, picking the phone up once again and placing it to her ear. "hello?"

"i'm sorry, i guess i dialed the wrong number." the same voice from the previous call says.

"so why'd you dial it again?" the girl asks with a smile.

"to apologize."

"you're forgiven. bye now." the phone almost hits the receiver when the voice comes back over.

"wait, wait! don't hang up."

"what."

"i wanna talk to you for a second."

"they've got 900 numbers for that. see ya." after setting the phone once again on the receiver, she made her way toward the kitchen.

once she got the jiffy pop container onto the stove, the phone began to ring again. she walked back over and grabbed the wireless phone.