The Decision

Chapter Fourteen
The Decision

Mia Aloisio

Seven years later

Lee is now eight while Lorenzo is seven. They are both wonderful children.

Five years ago Leonardo proposed to me on a yacht, it was wonderful. There were lights everywhere and the moonlight was so bright. The kids were there it was their first time on a yacht.

Five months after the engagement we got married.

Isabelle and Michael got married about three months after Jacob’s death. They had a wonderful daughter, her name is Isabella Carlton. Isabella was now four years old.

Leonardo was happy for his sister, however, he doesn’t trust Michael and to be honest neither do I.

At the moment Leonardo and our sons were watching a cartoon. Lorenzo laughed and pointed to the TV screen, Lee joined him.

“Leo can I speak to you in private?” I asked. Leonardo nods his head and got up “Kids we’ll be right back.” He said.

They didn’t look at him, they just continue watching their cartoon.

“Is everything alright?” ask Leonardo as we got away from the kids

“Yes.” I told. “Tell him Mia, don’t be a coward, he’ll understand” I pep talk myself silently. But what if he gets angry? No he’ll understand.

“Mia”

“Hmm?”

“What is it?” He asked

“Um…”

“You know you can tell anything Mia.”

“I know.” I sigh “I know you have been taking care of Lee and Lorenzo like they are your own children…”

“They are my children Mia. Where is this going?”

“I want to tell them about Jacob when they grow up.” I bursted

“What! Why?”

“Because they deserve to know”

“They deserve to know what? That their biological father was an asshole, that he was an abusive jerk.” Leonardo said angrily

“He was abusive to me, but, he loved his children.” I told him calmly “Please try and understand Leonardo” I pleaded.

He closed his eyes with a sigh.

“When do you want to tell them?” He asked

“When Lee is seventeen” I said

“OK.” He agreed but I could tell that he still didn’t like the idea. He started walking away but I stopped him.

“Is there something else?” He asked, sounding slightly annoyed. I nod my head yes.

Now for the scary part. I took his hand and place it on my stomach “What do you want to name it?”

“What?” He asked clueless

“We’re going to have a baby.”

“Oh”

Oh? Was that the only thing that he could think of? Is he not happy?

I looked up at him with tears in my eyes “Why did you say that, are you not happy? I thought that you’d be happy that we are having a baby together. Don’t you…” my series of questions were cut off by Leonardo kissing me. He dried my tears and said “I’m happy Mia, he or she has my blood after all.”

I hugged him as tightly as I could “I love you” I told him through laughter and tears.

“I love you” he told kissing me once more.