Victory

Edited 13/3/24

Chapter Thirteen
Victory

Leonardo Aloisio

After a tiresome and restless day I heard Dontae said “Boss, we have found the whereabouts of Mr. Carlton.”

“Finally. We are leaving now, get everything ready.” I told them. I go to the entrance of the stairs “Mia!” I called out

“She’s not here.” Michael announced as he came walking down the stair

“What do you mean by she’s not here?”

“She already went to my brother’s house.”

“She knew where he lives?”

“She didn’t.  She held a gun to my head and demand that I tell her.”

“You mean you knew where your brother is all this time and you made us waste so many hours looking. Haven’t you been listening, didn’t you hear what your brother is capable of?” I roared

“You didn’t ask me, did you?” Michael said

“If my sister didn’t love you, you would’ve been dead by now.” I told him

“Guys let’s go!” I shouted as we all left the house and head out.

Mia Ahara

Everything that he told me was a lie. From the first day we met he had been lying to me. I fell in love with a liar.

Jake had just told me everything. He not only own a business, his family is apart of a Mafia. The reason why he ran away with me was because his father had given the mafia to his younger brother, which I’m assuming is Michael.

I wonder if Isabelle is aware of this.

Jake told me that five months after we ran away he had formed his own gang. How could I not have seen this?

I held my boys close to me and cried “Why?”

“You are the reason Mia. I found out that my father gave my inheritance to Michael because I was in love with you.” My eyes widen.

“I left my family for you. You abused and mistreated me because of a stupid mafia?” I hissed

“I was meant to take over. I have spent my entire childhood training and preparing to take over, just to have it strip away because of you!”

“I understand your anger, but that gave you no right to hit me” was he being serious, how could he claim to love me and abused me for such a thing?

“Ah Mia. You are mine, mine to do as I please. We promised each other forever remember.”

“I hate you.” I spat

“Hate me all you want, it doesn’t change the fact that you are mine.” He said.

Tears fell down my face.

“This is what’s going to happen. We are going to get married and have a bunch of children, as many as I want.”

“I will not do as you say Jake.” I said with confidence.

“You’ll do as I…” Jake was cut off by the sudden sound of gunshot.

“Jake.” I called out in panic. I might hate him, but right now he has the means to protect my children.

“Get upstairs with the kids Mia.” He commanded as he took out his gun.

I drew Lee and Lorenzo off the couch and into my arms and rushed upstairs. I went into the third room that I saw.

The gunshots got louder by the minute and it sounded like they were getting closer too. Lee and Lorenzo was crying and I got scared that someone will find us. I tried to keep them quiet as best as I could.

The door opened, and I closed my eyes while tears fell.

“Mia” I heard Jacob yelled in a whisper

“Jake” I answered. I came from under the bed with the children. Jacob’s hand was on his stomach and I could see red liquid staining his bright blue shirt.

“You’ve been shot.” I said. He came and sat before us.

“I’m sorry Mia. When my kids grow up tell them that I love them, you’ll tell them won’t you Mia?” He inquired

I nod my head yes in response, as Jake's body fell to the floor.

“Jake” I called confused. That’s when I saw more blood coming from his bright blue shirt. Oh My God! Jake is dead.

“Are you ok Mia?” Someone asked me. I looked up and saw that it was Leonardo, I got up and hug him with Lorenzo in my arms.

“Shh. Everything is going to be OK now. He’s gone. He can’t hurt you anymore.”

He's finally gone.