Chapter 10 | Rollin' along

The frontlines against Kazdel can be marked with the changes of warfare.

Kazdel has set up an extensive system of fortifications that stood in the way of the coalition.

But there was hope.

Thanks to the innovations of Rhodes island, storming and taking down these fortifications was significantly easier.

The Rhodes APCs were doing wonders.

What they essentially allowed them to do was pour in tons of soldiers through breaks one enemy defenses, without fear of them getting picked off my arrows and blades. Plus it runs over a good number of the bastards that were in the way.

The automatic weapon it had was enough to surprise casters, each bullet, though not entirely accurate, was enough to kill or destroy the casters or any other major threat.

it was the ground vehicle of choice for most operations.

Carrying 2 full squads of people, they were easily able to penetrate the walls of a rolling fort or a nomadic city and easily get inside. Once that back ramp dropped, they were able to push out and overrun the Kazdellians.

Columbian Commanders loved this vehicle in particular, the mobility and the fact that it can easily fit through urban environments was something that they knew was useful. Victoria and Ursus also found it very useful.

It was all bubbling backdown to Doctrine.

Most of Columbia's enemies were urban, and trying to take the cities through just ground operations was going to end in a nightmare.

And the same is said for other allies and enemies. Urban environments, hard to siege areas, and ground mobility was borderline abysmal with how bad it can be.

Soldier caught from a distance by ballistas or long range, and approaching nomadic fortifications was especially difficult.

But with vehicles like the APC, it was getting easier and easier. With the hostiles being overrun in some fortifications, and nomadic cities finding themselves easily penetrated, Kazdel was going to loose more and more of its territory at an exponential rate.

Which was still a LONG way to go mind you.

Theresis and his Commission had tried to develop counters to this vehicle.

Although the easiest is through heavy artillery barrage, it was simply more effective to try and prepare casters and other engineers in more ambush like spots, which worked a few times.

A machine of war is designed, once enough intelligence is gathered, the enemy will start trying to prepare counters to it.

Such is the cycle that is the bloody business of war.

Theresis was going to continually develop tactics and new methods to further counter the advanced of the Coalition of nations, which will only serve to be more perpetually annoying.

But the APC was only one aspect of this war.

She still had her other sisters that'll take care of her.