Prologue

Hundreds of years ago, the thriving kingdom of light was attacked by a swarm of demons. Due to the fact that they were in a period of peace, the country’s citizens were lulled into a false sense of security and were largely unprepared against any unexpected attacks. Thus, countless royal knights fell in battle in a vain attempt to defend the kingdom against a sudden orchestrated attack led by a single demon; the demon lord, a title given to him by the citizens of the kingdom of light due to his vast strength and ruthlessness.

Devastation and fear were running rampant in the kingdom; that is until,one man stepped up and took charge. The legend goes, that said man, was the king himself, leading the battle against the demons head-first, and absolutely slaughtering all enemies in sight without a hint of hesitation or fear. Some say, his masterful accomplishments in battle were the work of god, whilst others attributed it to the works of the devil. Regardless, the only thing that was for sure, is that through his immense power, the king managed to single handedly defeat the demon lord, thus concluding the war and marking the triumphant return of the king to his proud kingdom. Following the day of his valiant and prosperous victory, the king made a peace pact with the demons, consequently splitting the land of the kingdom into two. The new kingdom of light, and the kingdom of darkness.

Near the outer countryside of currentday kingdom of light, reside the residents of a small but prideful village. In that small village, lived a young man with a modest frame and joyful pride that goes by the Name of Katsuro.Although Katsuro never met his parents, he lives a happy and adventurous life, alongside his friends and his caretaker who took him into her home at a young age.

Katsuro loved to go and play by the east side river. The east side river was quite the landmark for Katsuro since thats where he first met his friends.

One dull and sunny day, Katsuro was walking down the usual forest path that led to the east river, in order to begrudgingly fulfil his daily chore of gathering water for the household, since no wells were located anywhere near the village. Katsuro, being bored out of his mind, decided to take a different route to the forest that morning, one he took last winter and found a rabbit nest close to a tree branch. The journey wasn’t a particularly long one, and Katsuro himself did not mind it since he loved exploring uncharted parts of the forest. Nearing the river bank, Katsuro heard the gleeful laughs of two children. Pulling back the bushs leaves, Katsuro saw a girl and a boy talking to each other. After nonchalantly approaching the two children, Katsuro received an explosion of water to the face and fell down. While he was rubbing his eyes to clear the water, he heard the sound of wet slapping sound of feet hitting the ground getting closer to him. Slowly opening his eyes, the silhouettes of two figures were revealed to him. Rubbing his eyes further revealed that the figures staring down at him were of the two kids playing by the river bank. After several apologies and an awkward introduction, katsuro came to learn that the name of the girl on the right was Miku and the boy on the left was Tobio. Miku explained to Katsuro that they didn’t mean to hit Katsuro, but rather lost control of their water spell. Confused, katsuro asked them to show him what they meant. To his surprise both children managed to raise their hands and slowly but surely conjure a growing spherical body of water. Tobito quickly flicked his wrist, causing the sphere of water to travel at an alarming speed towards Miku. Miku -almost knowing that he would do that, instinctively put her hands up, making the body of water she created immediately rise up, and subsequently blocking the incoming water spell. Following a few fun laughs by all 3 children, Katsuro implored them to teach him how to do the spell and so he spent the entire day learning how to conjure water spells. After that day, Katsuro walked to the east river every, no longer begrudgingly but rather with a new found sense of excitement, finishing all his other morning chores early in the hopes of meeting and hanging out with his new found friends.