Chapter Twenty

This is the last normal chapter you guys :( There will be three epilogues after this chapter.

Thank you guys so so so incredibly much for all the support. I'm sure as this gains attention I'll pop back on occasionally. Enjoy!

I apologize for the literal ages long wait. I didn't want this book to end. To be honest, I only started this fic because I was having issues coming up with a new idea for my actual book, which I most likely will NOT publish on here. Thank you guys for all the votes, comments, reads and support, it means the world to me. Please stick around for the THREE, yes, three, epilogues that are to follow. 

Nick and Charlie were so sad to have to leave the beautiful city they had called home for the past week. After a week of beautiful dinners, fancy wines, and French films, and a night where they got up to an unexpected something after a bit too much wine... they sat at the airport watching people buzz about.

"I really don't want to leave." Nick sighed, leaning his head on Charlie's shoulder. 

"Me neither." Charlie said, running his hand through Nick's hair. 

"Let's just stay here." 

"We have to get back, love. Nellie and Kit probably missed us." Charlie bargains. 

"And, ya know, our human friends." 

"Oh yeah, them too." 

Nick pointed at Charlie's necklace, "Do you like it?" 

"I love it." 

FLASHBACK

Nick and Charlie strolled along the Seine holding hands and pointing at gorgeous architecture and luckily, made it onto the last lift up the Eiffel Tower for the night. Once they reached the top, the pair admired the sky. Despite Paris being lit up below them, the stars shone bright in the cloudless sky. 

Nick looked over at Charlie, who was leaning over the railing. He admired his side profile, the way his nose crinkled when he grinned, the red cheeks and eyelashes long enough to make any girl envious.

"I got something for you." Nick said. 

Charlie turned to look at Nick, "Oh?" 

Nick reaches around and takes the box out. 

"Nick-"

Nick cuts him off, "I'm not proposing!"

Charlie places his hand on his chest, "Oh my god, I want to get married so bad but I am NOT ready for that." 

Nick opens the box, revealing a necklace. Charlie feels tears spring to his eyes. "Nick it's gorgeous." 

Charlie picks the necklace up and admires it. The gold chain sparkled in the light. It had one charm, the letter N. 

"It's beautiful. Will you put it on me?" 

Nick nods and Charlie turns around. Feeling Nick's fingers brush his neck sent a shiver down his spine. Once the necklace was clasped, Charlie turned around and puffed his chest out. 

"Whatcha think?" 

"It looks lovely." 

"Where did you even get this? And when?" 

"I made a pickup order and I snuck out while you were having your concert in the shower." 

"I will not apologize for recognizing Adele as a great artist." 

Nick laughs, "No complaints." Nick sweeps Charlie into his arms and holds him tight. "I love you so much, you know that?"

"I love you too."