64 - Clearing Doubts

AUTHORS' POV

One by one he opened the boxes and by each second Nimmi was drooling. It was looking all too tempting. In last 2 months she didn't once ate nicely. She would eat whatever was available, never putting any effort in her meals.

"What do you want to eat first?", asked Vikram. While setting the take out boxes one by one.

"JALEBI!!!", came an instant reply. Vikram looked up and smiled.

He picks a piece and feeds her. Nimmi gave the biggest smile after taking first bite.

"And you?", She asked seeing Vikram not eating anything. "You're whole heartedly smiling face makes me full.", he replied cleaning the corner of her lower lip.

But there was a hint of sadness behind his smile which was undoubted.

"Ram?", she called Vikram's name making him look up. "Hmm...?", he did humming in reply.

She knew exactly why he was sad. In all the time they've spent together she learned enough to know that he was blaming himself for her condition. Thinking it was his fault that she didn't take care of herself as he wasn't around.

Vikram was looking at Nimmi thinking about what to say.

"You want to kiss me?", Nimmi asked seeing his expressions.

"Huh? Do you want me to?", Vikram asked leaning in still looking deep i. Her eyes.

"No.."she puts a hand on his chest stopping him. "And you don't know how to kiss anyway.", she just shrugged of her shoulders leaving him confused and blank.

"What the...!! What do you mean I don't know how to kiss? I very well know how to kiss a girl.", to which Nimmi raised her brows challenging him.

"More like you know how to eat her.", Nimmi rolled her eyes.

"Really? Then why don't you teach me how a girl likes to be kissed?", Vikram challenged her back.

"Why should I kiss you?", she crossed her hands looking away.

Vikram smirked looking her reaction. "Why? Don't you want to kiss me?"

Just when he finished his sentence an unexpected action stops him from moving. Nimmi's unexpected sweet gentle and quick kiss makes him blush for the first time.

Vikram didn't know how to react but the the smile on his lips said it all. He was trying so hard to not show his blushing pink cheeks. As he cleared his throat in his attempt to be normal.

"Aaa..umm...what do you want to eat next?", he asked rubbing the back of his neck.

Nimmi looked in his eyes and smiled and then pulled his cheeks. "Aww...Vikram Chandravanshi knows how to blush. SO CUTE!!", She said in between her giggles.

"Stop calling me cute", he warned but Nimmi wasn't listening. For whole time while eating she kept teasing him.

"Okay, now that's enough. I think it's enough teasing and pulling my leg for one day.", he said while they both were picking the empty containers to throw away.

Suddenly Vikram's phone starts ringing taking away their attention. "Give me I'll throw them. You go up your phone.", saying Nimmi took boxes and went out of the room while Vikram turned to pick the call.

"Hello?", Vikram said and for next 5 minutes he just kept listening without saying a word on phone and then cuts the call.

Nimmi came in hugging Vikram from behind. "Thank you Ram for coming to my life. I don't know about whatever happened in our life what to think about it? But at the end if I have you with me I don't want to think about anything else. I don't know who did what? Or what were their intentions behind the deeds? but now I want to move on and only with you. I want a happy life where I wake up seeing your face every morning with a smile. I want to see all the sunrises and sunsets with you. I want you in my every prayer and I want to hold your hand every time I step out.", Nimmi's eyes started shedding tears while saying all this.

She didn't know where did all this come from but she felt the need to say it all and now.

Vikram turned and cups her cheeks. "Soon Begum. Everything that you want you'll have, but for that we'll have to go back. We will have to give them what those people deserve and for that I need your support with me. Will you do that?", Vikram asked and Nimmi's eyes were holding emotions Vikram couldn't read.

"I promise I will never force you to come with me. You'll go back only the day you want to. But you should remember m, to move on in life you need to leave the past behind and to leave it you need to face it, instead of running away. No matter how ugly it is.",

Saying so he kissed her forehead and picked her in his arms, puts her on bed gently and lied beside her wrapping her in his arms.

"Good night my Queen. Sleep now and don't think much.", saying he switched the lights off and soon drifted of to sleep.

Even though it was afternoon but with the rainy weather and dark clouds it wasn't making much difference between the day. And since Vikram came for Nimmi he didn't rest well with all the travelling and work and calls and taking care of Nimmi. He definitely needed a nap.

While Vikram was in deep sleep Nimmi was lost in thoughts thinking about Vikram's words. Even though she said she is ready to move on but was it really what she was doing or was she running away?

After giving it a good thought Nimmi thought about her decision of leaving Vikram and coming to Rishikesh. She looked up at Sleeping self of the love of her life. The person who gave her the world and she just left everything and ran away.

Her fingers moved up involuntarily to his long lashes giving it a gentle stroke. Going to his cheeks that she saw turning pink with blush for the first time ever. Only for her , only by her. And then to the lips that only belonged to her. The one that were first for her in everything . From the kiss or the promise or even the affirmation. Every word that came out was never a lie. He meant every word, he believed every word and no just believed but fought, not only for him but for then.

How could she ever think to leave this man, Ever?

This time she knew what she need to do amd Nimmi was not gonna back out. She would stand strong, for both of them.
———————————

Like comment if you like the chapter and follow for updates ♥️♥️